22 Reasons The British Summer Is The Absolute Worst
Summer is the one beacon of hope in the British calendar. The one time of year where, for once, it might not be grey and raining.
Every year we hold to the desperate belief that it's going to be a scorcher: 25° every day, barbecues for dinner and everyone gets an extra week off work to enjoy the weather.
Yeah. That never happens.
1. It’s way over-hyped every year
2. At the first sign of sun, everyone loses their minds
3. There are sweaty, shirtless men everywhere
4. Children running wild and making a lot of unnecessary noise
5. It’s sticky and muggy and sweating is a round-the-clock job
6. Then it starts raining for the foreseeable future
7. You exist in one of two states: soaked or sunburned
8. Peeling skin is rarely a good look on anyone
9. Nor is drowned rat
For anybody who wants to know what a drowned rat looks like... It looks JUST LIKE THIS (눈_눈) pic.twitter.com/YBv1MJB9qz
— Tiger (@0kami21) June 14, 2016
10. It’s impossible to dress for summer in Britain, cos it changes every hour
British Summer in a GIF pic.twitter.com/UFy3LrXqsZ
— Andrew Bloch (@AndrewBloch) June 20, 2016
11. Flies and insects are the only ones having a good time
12. Everyone thinks they know what they’re doing with a BBQ
13. There’s nothing but nothing but nothing but football on
14. If you’re single, you’re sick of seeing couples all loved up
15. If you’re in a relationship, everybody else suddenly becomes very sexy indeed
16. Hayfever is the single biggest pain the arse of all time
17. Everyone wants to get married in the summer, so you spend a lot of time at stupid weddings
18. The really nice days always coincide with you having to go to work
19. When you're not at work, all you want to do is stay inside and watch Netflix
20. No matter how much effort you put into your hair, humidity will ruin it
21. If you decide to head to the beach, so will every other person in the country
22. And then when summer finally moves along, you wish it could have stayed longer
Related: 20 Awful Summer Jokes To Brighten Up Your Day
20 Awful Summer Jokes To Brighten Up Your Day
1 of 20
2 of 20
3 of 20
4 of 20
5 of 20
6 of 20
7 of 20
8 of 20
9 of 20
10 of 20
11 of 20
Fox / Simpsons12 of 20
13 of 20
14 of 20
15 of 20
16 of 20
Spaceballs / MGM17 of 20
18 of 20
19 of 20
20 of 20
The One With The 'Die Hard' Problem & 6 Other Unforgivable Friends Plot Holes
Could these BE any more annoying?
Five Reasons You Need To Go To DragWorld This Month
Gentlemen, start your engines!
This Friends-Inspired 'Pivot' Tutorial Will Change Your Life
Bryan Cranston Auditioned For Pineapple Express But Judd Apatow Thought He Wasn't Scary Enough
"Maybe the Breaking Bad people would have said, “not him, he always plays drug dealers.”
Quiz: Will You Make It Through Festival Season?
Will you survive through to September?!
Quiz: How Many Festival Cliches Have You Committed?
We've pretty much been there and done all of them…
David Schwimmer To Appear In New Will & Grace As Grace's Bae
It's Time To Revisit This Cringey Windows 95 Video Starring Rachel And Chandler
"Look Matty! I'm computing!"
This Windows 95 Themed Instagram Is The Ultimate Nostalgia-Trip
The Expectation v Reality Of Summer Festivals
What you expect v what you really get at all your favourite summer festivals…
British Festivals v American Festivals: How Do They Compare?
Glasto or Coachella? Creamfields or EDC?
Sketch And Theatre Shows To Catch At The Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018
Drag queens and quartets and show tunes... oh my!
Seth Rogen Shares All The Pineapple Express Gossip 10 Years After The Film's Release
Title origins, injuries and a whole lot of pot...
Die Hard Friends Fans Are Split On Whether A Reunion Should Happen
Reboot means reboot.
Cole Sprouse AKA Ben Geller Is The Same Age As Jennifer Aniston in Friends Series 1, WTF
The One Where We're Old And Decrepit
20 Years Later, Medical Advisor Debunks Friends 'Pee On Jellyfish Sting' Cure
To pee or not to pee...
Mike Hannigan Had The Glow Up Of The Century And We're So Proud
No one would dare call him Crap Bag now...
Don't Miss These Incredible Shows At Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018
You will laugh so hard your belly hurts...
OMG! The Twins Who Played Friends' Baby Emma Will Star In Jordan Peele's New Film
They're 16 years old now!
Will Smith Shows Everyone How The Drake #InMyFeelingsChallenge Is Done
Fresh Prinnnnce, do you loooove meeee?