16 Rookie Mistakes Only True Friends Geeks Know About
1. In Season 1, Rachel leaves Barry FINKEL at the altar. Who is then referred to as Barry Farber for the rest of the series
2. When Rachel arrives at the coffee shop in the pilot episode, Monica introduces her to everyone, including Chandler
She snogged him a few years earlier at his university party AND stood by as Monica cut his toe off at a Geller Thanksgiving. She *blatantly* knew who he was - but maybe he just didn't recognise her post nose job...
3. That time Rachel, Phoebe and Joey went to visit Phoebe's dad and the dog trainer forgot to get out of the shot
4. When Ross found out his wife was a lesbian and discovered he had MAGIC POWERS on the same day
5. The fact that Courteney Cox was the ONLY friend not to receive an Emmy nomination for her part in the show even though she was blatantly the best character
Well isn't that just spit on your neck, kick you in the crotch fantastic?
6. When people thought Courteney spelled it 'Courtney'
Only a fake Friends geek would think that. Fools.
7. When Chandler called Joey 'Matt' by mistake
Listen carefully - he definitely most certainly probably says 'Matt'. Or 'man'. But we think it's 'Matt'. Sillies.
8. Ross is devasted when Carol, the first woman he ever slept with, realises she's a lesbian. But in The One With Rachel's Assistant we learn he boned the elderly library assistant at university
It's also implied that he 'got lucky' with Julie twice, before he tells Rachel she and Carol are the only women he's ever slept with. Liar, liar pants on fire. Or just a continuity slip.
9. In flashback episodes, Monica is *obsessed* with Chandler
To the point where she changes her appearance (and entire lifestyle) dramatically after he makes a comment about her weight, then devises an elaborate plan for getting him back. But in later episodes, she thinks the idea of finding him attractive is hilarious. When they eventually hook up, get engaged, married and adopt babies, her teen obsession is barely mentioned. Hmmmm.
10. When Ben COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE
Ross and Carol's son Ben is frequently mentioned in early seasons of the show, but when Emma comes along he starts to get pushed out. By Season 8, Episode 12, he's gone forever. He is mentioned a handful of times in the 54 remaining episodes, and never meets his sister Emma on screen. WTF?
11. When Phoebe tells Mike she's never been in a serious relationship
But what about when she MOVED IN with bird-shooting police officer Gary!? Got a short memory haven't you Pheebs?
12. When Ellen DeGeneres turned down the role of Phoebe before it was given to Lisa Kudrow. Huh, like *her* career went anywhere afterwards
13. When Ross has no fucking idea how old he is or what month he was born in
He tells Gunther he was born in December, but when he breaks his hand in another episode, he states his birth date as October 18th. He's also meant to be 29 in THREE seasons of Friends (within which we see three Christmasses). And while we're on the subject, Joey is meant to be the youngest in the group (it's implied in Season 1's 'The One With The Birth'), but Rachel makes a HUGE deal out of being the last of them to turn 30. Sort it out, lads.
14. The fact it's *totally* weird that Ross and Rachel name their child EMMA
Remarkably similar to Emily, isn't it? The name of the woman the rest of the friends HATE, and who almost blighted their relationship for good when Ross said Rachel's name at their wedding?! Don't tell me Rachel would have stood for that shit. Too. weird.
15. When Chandler is as shocked by Ross' 'sound' as everyone else. THEY WERE IN A BAND TOGETHER AT COLLEGE, YOU'D THINK HE'D REMEMBER
16. When no one seems to notice that Joey's AGENT delivered Carol and Ross' baby in Season 1
Change of career, Estelle?
All Of The Hidden Smiley Faces In Friends
20 Years Later, Fan Posts Insanely 90s Backstage Friends Pictures
Jennifer, Courteney and Lisa loved lava lamps too!
As IF! Clueless Is Becoming A Musical And We're Totally Buggin'
Hope it's not a Monet.
The Parks & Rec Crew Respond To THOSE Reunion Rumours
"Oh my god, I'll speak for everybody and say we would all do it."
Forgot Father's Day? These Impractical Jokers Cards Will Save Your Bacon
Is your old man a Q, Sal, Murr or Joe?
The Friends Grooving To This Race 3 Star's Song Is Everything
Summer bop or what?
Turns Out Huggsy Was Cheating On Joey In Tons Of Other 90s Sitcoms
Did YOU spot Joey's bedtime penguin pal in random TV shows?!
9 Reasons To Love England Even Though We're 100% Gonna Fail The World Cup
Anticipating a shameful World Cup result? These facts will (maybe) restore your faith...
FriendsFest: Buy Your Tickets Now!
The summer's biggest TV event is back!
Kathleen Turner AKA Chandler's Dad Says Friends Hasn't Aged Well
"I was the first woman playing a man playing a woman."
STOP EVERYTHING: Urban Outfitters Now Sells Friends Merch
"If I kept it, it would be like stealing. Yeah but if you spent it, it's like SHOPPING!"
Jennifer Aniston Rumoured To Be Convincing Friends Cast Into Reunion
She did tell Ellen it's "possible"...
STOP EVERYTHING: 'Friends' Cards Against Humanity Is An Actual Thing You Can Buy
"Don't touch XXXXXX, because your fingers have destructive oils."
As IF! Alicia Silverstone Brought Back 90s Queen Cher Horowitz In Killer Lip Sync Battle
Oh my god, I am totally buggin'.
Friends' Biggest Cliffhanger Came From David Schwimmer Messing Up A Line
"I take thee Rachel" was an ACTUAL mistake!
UK Summer 2018 Festivals You Don't Want To Miss
We want to visit ALL OF THEM.
Amy Schumer Gets All The LOLs Roasting Sexist 'My Fair Lady' Plot
She called Henry Higgins "a man-splaining expert on dialects".
Friends Writers Refused To Slut-Shame Monica When TV Boss Called Her 'Too Easy'
A network honcho said she 'deserved' to be used for sex.
Friends Creators Declined A More Diverse Cast Than Six Straight White People
So no one told you life was gonna be this... straight? White?
This Fortnite Friends Parody Is The Stuff Of Gamer Dreams
Could this BE any geekier?
Courteney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Can’t Remember A Thing About Friends And It’s Pretty Embarrassing TBH
Oh. My. GOD.