General Competition Terms & Conditions
The Comedy Central channels and the Comedy Central Website (being www.comedycentral.co.uk) (the “Website”) are owned and operated by the Paramount UK Partnership (“Comedy Central”) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
All competitions conducted by Comedy Central shall be governed by:
(i) the terms and conditions specific to such competition ("the Specific Conditions");
(ii) the General Terms and Conditions for Competitions (set out below).
The General Terms and Conditions for Competitions are as follows:
1. Competitions may be entered by filling in the applicable entry form on the Comedy Central website (www.comedycentral.co.uk).
2. Entrants must provide their name, e-mail address, their answer and any other information as may be requested in the Specific Conditions.
3. The winner(s) (“Winner(s)”) will be selected at random from the correct qualifying entries.
4. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged from all valid entries by Comedy Central or as indicated in the Specific Conditions and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
5. Only one entry per person will be accepted save where the Specific Conditions permit otherwise.
6. Entries received after the published closing date will be discarded.
7. Comedy Central does not accept any responsibility if your competition entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the competition. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
8. Unless specified otherwise in the Specific Conditions, Competitions are only open to UK (comprising Great Britain and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
9. The Winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible after the applicable competition draw.
10. If, for any reason, a Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to reply to Comedy Central within 14 days of notification or fails to meet the eligibility requirements as set out in the Specific Conditions or is otherwise unable to comply with these General Terms and Conditions, then Comedy Central may declare such win void (and the offered prize(s) will lapse) and select, at random, a substitute winner in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by Comedy Central. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a competition and/or take a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each Winner. Where the prize for any of our competitions involve the Winner's attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the Winner acknowledges that Comedy Central are not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the Winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, Comedy Central shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets. Where prizes comprise or include ‘meet and greet’ elements with celebrities, the prize may be subject to the availability of the celebrity in question and Comedy Central will have no liability for any inability or failure of any Winner to attend any ‘meet and greet’ session offered on any date nor will Comedy Central offer any alternative prize or cash alternative or compensation for such failure.
11. Competitions are not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of Comedy Central, Viacom or BskyB (or associated companies) or of any and all competition sponsors and/or prize providers or their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
12. No cash alternatives are available to any prizes.
13. The prizes are not transferable.
14. No purchase is necessary
15. Comedy Central reserves the right to substitute the advertised prizes (or any element(s) of the advertised prizes) for ones of equal (or greater) value.
16. Prizes will be despatched to the competition Winner via the UK mail service (if applicable), unless otherwise stated. Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK. It is the competition Winner’s responsibility to notify Comedy Central if their contact details change. Comedy Central does not accept liability for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or in transit.
17. The receipt, by any Winner, of any of the prize components of the competition is conditional upon compliance with any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, including compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and Phone Pay Plus Code of Practice. The Wiinner(s) are solely responsible for all insurance, visa regulations, applicable taxes and laws and for any expenses not specified in the prize description.
18. Where prizes involve the Winner(s) travelling, the Winner(s) (and guest(s) if applicable) shall be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas.
19. Where prizes necessitate travel on a specific date, the Winner(s) (and guest(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date(s) specified by Comedy Central and no alternative date(s) will be available.
21. Entrants may unsubscribe from any of Comedy Central’s or the third parties services at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in applicable emails or text messages.
22. Comedy Central reserves the right to cancel any competition at any time if it deems such cancellation to be necessary due to events beyond its reasonable control. No prize will be awarded if a competition is cancelled.
23. From time to time, Comedy Central operates premium rate SMS competitions (“PRS competitions”) on its channels and/or via its Website.
24. Comedy Central (or the relevant distributor or operator of the mobile service) will always notify Entrants of the charges for entering a PRS competition. For example, the programme or commercial on which the PRS competition was featured will inform Entrants of the price for entry. Please note that Entrants’ network operator may also charge an additional standard messaging fee for any SMS sent or received by Entrants. Entrants should consult their network operator for further details of these standard costs.
25. Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS Entrants are required to send a text to the short code as indicated in the competition information. Texts received by Comedy Central will be charged at the standard operator rate, which will vary depending on the Entrant’s mobile network provider. When a text message is received from Comedy Central, sent to the same mobile phone from which the answer was sent, acknowledging receipt of the entry, this will result in the Entrant being charged the charge stated in the competition information. Please check with the relevant mobile network provider what standard network charges will apply. Entries received after the closing date of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition but may still be charged.
26. Charges for entering any PRS competition will be deducted from Entrant’s available credit time if Entrants are a pre-pay customer or will appear on Entrant’s monthly statement if Entrants are a pay monthly customer. Entrants must obtain the permission of the person paying the bill for the relevant mobile device, and ensure Entrants have enough available credit if they are a pre-pay customer, before entering a PRS competition. In the event that the Entrant has insufficient funds, credit or capacity on their handset (as applicable) to receive the text message from Comedy Central acknowledging receipt of the entry, the relevant entry will be deemed ineligible and will not be accepted.
27. There is no email, web or postal entry for PRS competitions save where any Specific Conditions provide otherwise.
28. Entries to any competition (including PRS competitions) on behalf of another person are void. Any such entries will not be counted but may still be charged.
29. Refunds for Premium Rate Service: If you have sent an SMS text message to participate in any of Comedy Central’s premium rate competitions but have not received the requested service but have been charged for it, you may call Comedy Central’s refund number on 0207 478 5252 and leave a message stating all of the following:
(i) Your mobile number
(ii) The date and time of your original SMS text message
(iii) The short code you sent the SMS test message to
(iv) What you wrote in the body of the SMS text message; and
(v) Your postal address
If you fail to provide any of the above information Comedy Central may not be able to refund you. Comedy Central shall then check this information against its records and if you are entitled to a refund Comedy Central will send you a cheque in the amount of the premium rate fee that you were charged. You will not receive a refund for the network operator’s standard messaging rates you have been charged in connection with this.
30. Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all Entrant(s) agree to be bound by these. Comedy Central shall have no liability in relation to any prize provided by a third party provider.
31. Comedy Central may exercise its sole discretion to use the Winner’s (and, if applicable, their guest’s) name and image and comments relating to the competition and prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without payment of any fee.
32. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions (and any Specific Conditions) shall exclude or in any way limit either party’s liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, criminal misconduct or death or personal injury caused by negligence. Except as set out in this paragraph 32, Comedy Central shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions (and the Specific Conditions) or in connection with the prizes (to the extent permissible by law).
33. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these General Competition Terms and Conditions (and any and all Specific Conditions relation to the competition) and agree to be bound by them by entering a competition.
34. All competitions and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: The Paramount UK Partnership trading as Comedy Central. Competition address: Comedy Central, UK House, 180 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1DS
These General Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 31st January 2013. Comedy Central reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the Website.