Ranking Kevin McCallister’s Home Alone Pranks From Safe To Savage
Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Christmas classics, but also two very valuable sources of childhood prank inspiration, thanks to Kevin McCallister and his clever ways.
Of course, we're not implying that we ever tried any of his tricks at home (sorry, sis), but we have always been 100% impressed by them.
Check out our ranking of Kevin's best pranks, from safe to completely savage.
25. When he used a wire to trip up Harry in Home Alone
Basic af. Try harder, Kevin!
24. When he covered Harry's face in feathers in Home Alone
Handy for restricting his view, but not really the life-threatening kind of stuff we've now come to expect from Mr McCallister.
23. When he made Harry and Marv slip on toy cars in Home Alone
It was funny and it made them fall over, though IRL we imagine the reaction would be more like that of stepping on Lego barefoot.
22. When he used his brother's tarantula to terrify Marv in Home Alone
Imagine an actual, giant, furry spider crawling on your face. We doubt Marv will ever go to Australia after this trauma.
21. When he covered Harry and Marv in birdseed in Home Alone 2
Like the feathers, but with the added bonus of a flock of pigeons attacking the burglars, it was clear that Kevin had stepped up his game in the second movie.
20. When he knocked Marv in the head with a bag of concrete in Home Alone 2
Just an innocent burglar, trying to climb a rope, when BAM! A whole bag of concrete powder smacks you in the face. Kevin's a big fan of these sorts of pranks, because we also had...
19. When he knocked Harry in the face with a bucket full of spanners in Home Alone 2
You might worry about someone having perched a bucket of water atop a door you're about to open, but never would you think they'd be sadistic enough to fill said bucket with metal tools. Ouch.
18. When he covered a ladder in slime in Home Alone 2
Needless to say, Harry ended up on his back again.
17. When he used tar to free Marv of his socks and boots in Home Alone
Walking barefoot through fresh tar... mmm... and that was just the start of it.
16. When he planted a nail for Marv to walk on barefoot in Home Alone
This kid is really sick in the head, isn't he?
15. When he made his stairs icy so the burglars would fall down them in Home Alone
Always tread carefully in winter, people!
14. When he made Marv nail gun himself on the nose in Home Alone 2
If you've ever accidentally stapled your fingers, you will (almost) know this pain.
13. When he made Marv slip into a ball-height shelf in Home Alone 2
Oh the pain.
12. When he left glass Christmas baubles out for Marv to step on barefoot in Home Alone
Like the nail, but worse.
11. When he uses a boiling hot door handle to burn an 'M' into Harry's hand in Home Alone
10. When he hits Harry and Marv with the paint pots in Home Alone
Why knock out one burglar when you could create your own pendulum and catch two?
9. When he cut the rope of his zipline while the burglars were mid-way across in Home Alone
This one probably didn't hurt too much, but it was so obvious it must have bruised Harry and Marv's egos, at least.
8. When he used a swinging metal block to knock Harry and Marv backwards down the stairs in Home Alone 2
Then hit them in the face with it again at the bottom.
7. When he set a rope on fire while the burglars were climbing it and made them fall six stories in Home Alone 2
Two or three stories is one thing, but SIX? WTF, Kevin?!
6. When he made Harry's hat explode thanks to a toilet full of kerosene in Home Alone 2
Take one flaming hat, add a whole lot of combustible oil and BOOM.
5. When he threw bricks on Marv from a great height in Home Alone 2
Sometimes you don't need to be creative. Sometimes you just have to be mean.
4. When he used a pulley to drop an iron on Marv's face in Home Alone
Y'know when you're lying in bed texting and you drop your phone on your face? Imagine that, but so much worse.
3. When he burned Harry's head with a blowtorch in Home Alone
That had to hurt.
2. When he electrocuted Marv in Home Alone 2
We're now officially out of prank territory and into attempted murder.
1. When he shot Harry in the balls with a BB gun in Home Alone
Kevin McCallister, you absolute savage.
REASONS LOVE ACTUALLY WOULDN'T WORK IN 2016:
Reasons Love Actually Wouldn't Work In 2016
Universal Pictures1 of 12
Universal Pictures2 of 12
Universal Pictures3 of 12
Universal Pictures4 of 12
Universal Pictures5 of 12
Universal Pictures6 of 12
Universal Pictures7 of 12
Universal Pictures8 of 12
Universal Pictures9 of 12
Universal Pictures10 of 12
Universal Pictures11 of 12
Universal Pictures12 of 12
The One With Russ' Turns 23 Today And It's Still Weird AF
Almost a quarter of a century later, we still don't get it.
Elle McPherson Sets Record Straight On Rumours She Regretted Starring In Friends
"Had I known how successful it was before going, I think I would have chickened out because it was such an iconic show."
Which WTF Advent Calendar Will You Choose This Crimbo?
Dog food, gin, and even cheese! We've got it all covered...
Here's Every Single Detail Released About The Impractical Jokers Movie
The HUGE pranks, the wrap cake, the DIRECTOR'S CHAIR? This is all too much...
Horrifying Halloween Hook Up Stories
"He was dressed as an ambiguous German youth..."
This Fresh Prince X Goosebumps Theme Tune Mash Up Will Clear Your Cobwebs
The Fresh Prince Of HELL Air! It's got a ring to it...
13 Hilarious Rick & Morty Halloween Costumes To Make You Spoopa Loopa Woop Woop
So many cute Mortys...
Best Reactions To (Not) David Schwimmer's Blackpool Crime Incident
Ah, humour based on his pain...
Everything We Know About The Impractical Jokers Movie So Far
UK premiere, anyone?
8 Amazing Facts We Learned From Murr's Reddit AMA
Fame, friends, and romance, ooh la la!
Primark's £5 Christmas Decorations Will Jingle Your Bells
Saw Santa Claus. He said hello to Ross!
Friends Fans Spotted A Massive Blunder With Monica's Wedding Dress
"They're as different as night and... later that night."
The Royal Baby Should Be Named After These Friends Characters
Rick & Morty Fans Watched An Episode With A Live Orchestra And It Looked Epic
Wubba lubba dub dub!
Halloween Cartoons To Spook The Heck Out Of You
Rachel Green Almost Looked A LOT Like Saved By The Bell's Kelly Kapowski
Greens do not quit!
Impractical Jokers' Murr Is Now A Best-Selling Author, FACT
We certainly feel AWAKENED by this news...
Friends Creator Reveals Joey Wasn't The First Choice For A Friends Spin Off
He wasn't even the second...
Friends Halloween Episodes We Wish Had Happened
Could he HAVE any more needles sticking out of his face?
The Best London Theatre Shows & Events To Book In 2018
Time to get cultured, y'all...