Ranking Kevin McCallister’s Home Alone Pranks From Safe To Savage
Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Christmas classics, but also two very valuable sources of childhood prank inspiration, thanks to Kevin McCallister and his clever ways.
Of course, we're not implying that we ever tried any of his tricks at home (sorry, sis), but we have always been 100% impressed by them.
Check out our ranking of Kevin's best pranks, from safe to completely savage.
25. When he used a wire to trip up Harry in Home Alone
Basic af. Try harder, Kevin!
24. When he covered Harry's face in feathers in Home Alone
Handy for restricting his view, but not really the life-threatening kind of stuff we've now come to expect from Mr McCallister.
23. When he made Harry and Marv slip on toy cars in Home Alone
It was funny and it made them fall over, though IRL we imagine the reaction would be more like that of stepping on Lego barefoot.
22. When he used his brother's tarantula to terrify Marv in Home Alone
Imagine an actual, giant, furry spider crawling on your face. We doubt Marv will ever go to Australia after this trauma.
21. When he covered Harry and Marv in birdseed in Home Alone 2
Like the feathers, but with the added bonus of a flock of pigeons attacking the burglars, it was clear that Kevin had stepped up his game in the second movie.
20. When he knocked Marv in the head with a bag of concrete in Home Alone 2
Just an innocent burglar, trying to climb a rope, when BAM! A whole bag of concrete powder smacks you in the face. Kevin's a big fan of these sorts of pranks, because we also had...
19. When he knocked Harry in the face with a bucket full of spanners in Home Alone 2
You might worry about someone having perched a bucket of water atop a door you're about to open, but never would you think they'd be sadistic enough to fill said bucket with metal tools. Ouch.
18. When he covered a ladder in slime in Home Alone 2
Needless to say, Harry ended up on his back again.
17. When he used tar to free Marv of his socks and boots in Home Alone
Walking barefoot through fresh tar... mmm... and that was just the start of it.
16. When he planted a nail for Marv to walk on barefoot in Home Alone
This kid is really sick in the head, isn't he?
15. When he made his stairs icy so the burglars would fall down them in Home Alone
Always tread carefully in winter, people!
14. When he made Marv nail gun himself on the nose in Home Alone 2
If you've ever accidentally stapled your fingers, you will (almost) know this pain.
13. When he made Marv slip into a ball-height shelf in Home Alone 2
Oh the pain.
12. When he left glass Christmas baubles out for Marv to step on barefoot in Home Alone
Like the nail, but worse.
11. When he uses a boiling hot door handle to burn an 'M' into Harry's hand in Home Alone
10. When he hits Harry and Marv with the paint pots in Home Alone
Why knock out one burglar when you could create your own pendulum and catch two?
9. When he cut the rope of his zipline while the burglars were mid-way across in Home Alone
This one probably didn't hurt too much, but it was so obvious it must have bruised Harry and Marv's egos, at least.
8. When he used a swinging metal block to knock Harry and Marv backwards down the stairs in Home Alone 2
Then hit them in the face with it again at the bottom.
7. When he set a rope on fire while the burglars were climbing it and made them fall six stories in Home Alone 2
Two or three stories is one thing, but SIX? WTF, Kevin?!
6. When he made Harry's hat explode thanks to a toilet full of kerosene in Home Alone 2
Take one flaming hat, add a whole lot of combustible oil and BOOM.
5. When he threw bricks on Marv from a great height in Home Alone 2
Sometimes you don't need to be creative. Sometimes you just have to be mean.
4. When he used a pulley to drop an iron on Marv's face in Home Alone
Y'know when you're lying in bed texting and you drop your phone on your face? Imagine that, but so much worse.
3. When he burned Harry's head with a blowtorch in Home Alone
That had to hurt.
2. When he electrocuted Marv in Home Alone 2
We're now officially out of prank territory and into attempted murder.
1. When he shot Harry in the balls with a BB gun in Home Alone
Kevin McCallister, you absolute savage.
REASONS LOVE ACTUALLY WOULDN'T WORK IN 2016:
Reasons Love Actually Wouldn't Work In 2016
Universal Pictures1 of 12
Universal Pictures2 of 12
Universal Pictures3 of 12
Universal Pictures4 of 12
Universal Pictures5 of 12
Universal Pictures6 of 12
Universal Pictures7 of 12
Universal Pictures8 of 12
Universal Pictures9 of 12
Universal Pictures10 of 12
Universal Pictures11 of 12
Universal Pictures12 of 12
This Friends X Marvel Crossover Will Will Make You Question Everything
Kevin Hart's Funniest Movie One-Liners
How quotable can one man be?!
The Impractical Jokers Sold Out Their Completely Free Show In Hours
We're SO proud.
Judy Geller Debunks Friends Comeback Rumours Once And For All
Judy the ORACLE.
Kanye West Is Obsessed With Rick And Morty, Which Makes A Lot Of Sense, Actually
"Poopity scoop" takes on a whole new meaning.
Impractical Jokers Moments That Make Hilarious Unintentional Memes
Sal, Q and the gang are funniest when they don't mean to be...
The UK’s 10 Most Iconic Film Quotes EVER
This Friends-Themed Brunch Is About To Make Your Instagram Incredible
So no one told you BRUNCH was gonna be this GREAT?
Six Of The Wackiest Films Of The 80s/90s
This is going to be a good Halloween...
These Are The Movies Coming Out In 2018 You NEED To See
This will be an iconic year in film history.
Jaden Smith Reckons He Could Be The New Carlton In A Fresh Prince Reboot
He's got the moves tbf...
Will Smith And Alfonso Ribeiro Prove Their Friendship Is Still Fresh 22 Years Later
The love is REAL.
Impractical Joker Murr Tells Us It Took 15 Years For His Show To Be Aired
If at first you don't succeed, prank and prank again...
This Sesame Street Fresh Prince Parody Will Warm Your Cold Heart
"We'll tell you how we became Bert and Ernie..."
Put Down The Book! Science Has Proved That 'Friends' Makes You Smarter
Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?
Joey Tribbiani Inspires Balenciaga To Create $9,000 Coat... Sort Of
"Could I BE wearing any more clothes?!"
Cole Sprouse AKA Ben Geller Is The Same Age As Jennifer Aniston in Friends Series 1, WTF
The One Where We're Old And Decrepit
Here's All The Weird Celebrity Paradoxes Nobody Noticed In Friends
How can Winona Ryder be on Ross' freebie list if she's Rachel's sorority sister Melissa?!
Quiz: Can you name all of Joey's sisters?
Joey Tribbiani has seven sisters: Gina, Tina, Dina, Mary-Angela, Mary-Therese, Veronica and Cookie. Chandler couldn't remember their names. Can you?
This Friends-Inspired 'Pivot' Tutorial Will Change Your Life