"Hedgehogs. Why can't they just share the hedge?" has been named as the funniest joke at this year's Edinburgh Fringe.
The one-liner features in London comic Dan Antopolski’s show, Silent But Deadly, and wins the 36-year-old London comic a £1,000 prize.
A shortlist of 27 jokes was compiled by a panel of nine comedy critics, then put to a public vote by digital channel Dave.
Antopolski, who was nominated for the Perrier award in 2000, said: "Although I have won things before at the fringe, this definitely means the most to me and that it should unite my loves of hedgehogs, comedy and Dave makes this prize very special."
The full Top 10 funniest jokes from the Fringe are
1) Dan Antolpolski – “Hedgehogs - why can’t they just share the hedge?”
2) Paddy Lennox – “I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I
thought: ‘This could be interesting.’”
3) Sarah Millican – “I had my boobs measured and bought a new bra. Now I call them Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes because they're up where they belong.”
4) Zoe Lyons – “I went on a girl’s night out recently. The invitation said ‘dress to kill.’ I went as Rose West.”
5) Jack Whitehall - “I'm sure wherever my dad is; he's looking down on us. He's not dead, just very condescending."
6) Adam Hills – “Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you’re going to get it, but it’s going to be rough.”
7) Marcus Brigstocke – “To the people who’ve got iPhones: you just bought one, you didn’t invent it!”
8) Rhod Gilbert – “A spa hotel? It’s like a normal hotel, only in reception there’s a picture of a pebble”.
9) Dan Antopolski – “I've been reading the news about there being a civil war in Madagascar. Well, I've seen it six times and there isn't.”
10) Simon Brodkin (as Lee Nelson) – “I started so many fights at my school - I had that attention-deficit disorder. So I didn’t finish a lot of them.”
Copyright : Comedy Central UK