22 Things You Didn't Need To Know About Star Wars
1. George Lucas’ children have all had a small role in Star Wars. Katie Lucas appears as a Twi’lek dancer in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, whilst her sister, Amanda Lucas, appears as a background extra and their brother, Jett Lucas, appears as a young Padawan in the Jedi archives.
2. The members of Nsync made a cameo in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones, to appease Lucas’ daughters however it was cut from the final version.
3. Samuel L. Jackson claims that the words “bad motherfucker” were engraved on the lightsaber he used in the Star Wars films
4. In an early draft of "Star Wars". R2-D2 speaks English, and is actually kind of a jerk.
5. Jar Jar Binks is actually a dick. Before being rewritten as comic relief, Jar Jar Binks was a duplicitous mercenary who ultimately betrays Qui-Gon Jinn.
6. He was also a subtle villain in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones. While he’s standing in for Senator Amidala, it’s Jar Jar’s suggestion that Palpatine be given supreme powers, which the soon-to-be Emperor uses for great evil. Jar Jar, then, could be held responsible for indirectly causing the fall of the Old Republic and the destruction of the Jedi's.
7. He then proceeds to vote in favour of order 66, the murder of all Jedi.
8. Yoda was almost played by a trained monkey, with a cane, wearing a mask.
9. Yoda is actually the character's surname, his first name is Minch and his species are never named throughout Star Wars.
10. George Lucas almost went with an entirely different ending to Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi whereby Luke picks up Darth Vader’s helmet and puts It on claiming the role of Sith lord for himself and destroying the rebel alliance.
11. David Prowse (Darth Vader) was banned from all Star Wars conventions as George Lucas found him annoying.
12. The Millennium Falcon was modelled after George Lucas’s favourite food, a burger.
13. The sound of the TIE Fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.
14. The communicator Qui-Gon Jinn uses is actually an altered Gillete Sensor Excel women’s razor.
15. Tupac Shakur auditioned for the role of Mace Windu.
16.There are no female fighter pilots in the original trilogy.
17. Star Wars: The Old Republic game remains to be one of the most expensive games to make, costing between £150-200 million.
18. In the filming of “The Phantom Menace” Liam Neeson’s height forced a £150,000 rebuild of set in post-production.
19. It took as many as ten puppeteers (using both hands) to operate Jabba The Hutt.
20. Depending on what movie you're watching, Yoda has a different number of toes.
21. The Sith were originally called The Damned, but a British band with the same name debuted in February 1977, forcing Lucas to dub over the word with “Sith” in post-production. To this day, Lucas hates all punk rock.
22. Steven Spielberg's "E.T" had a small part in Lucas' Star Wars: The Phantom Menace as both homage to Spielberg's help in the franchise and a way of connecting the sci-fi worlds.
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2019
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
The One With Russ' Turns 23 Today And It's Still Weird AF
Almost a quarter of a century later, we still don't get it.
23 Years Later, Friends' Russ VS. 'Snaro' Mystery Is Solved
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!
25 Weird And Wonderful Things To Do This Christmas In London
'Tis the season to be (very, very) jolly...
The Comedy Lovers Christmas Gift Guide 2018
Get some LOLs in your life this Crimbo.
The Impractical Jokers Spill The Beans On Season 7 Christmas Finale
"Who knows, Santa may show up or may not, we'll see!"
New Look Just Released A Range Of Friends Christmas T-Shirts
Here's to a lousy Christmas, and a crappy new year!
2-4-1 Cinema Tickets To See Some Christmas Classics
Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Bad Santa and more at the BFI!
Dude! Stoner Saturdays Are Coming to the BFI
Under 25? You can get in for just £3
RuPaul Hints Trixie Mattel SHOULDN'T Have Won All Stars Amid Elimination Changes
"I didn't count on the other girls who came back being so vindictive [to Shangela]!"
The First Toy Story 4 Trailer Reveals A Dangerous New Character
"Somebody get him before he pokes an eye out!"
Rick And Morty Just Had Their Most Deadly Secret Revealed
This is twisted.
Elle McPherson Sets Record Straight On Rumours She Regretted Starring In Friends
"Had I known how successful it was before going, I think I would have chickened out because it was such an iconic show."
Which WTF Advent Calendar Will You Choose This Crimbo?
Dog food, gin, and even cheese! We've got it all covered...
Here's Every Single Detail Released About The Impractical Jokers Movie
The HUGE pranks, the wrap cake, the DIRECTOR'S CHAIR? This is all too much...
Oh. My. God! Ugly Naked Guy Called For A Friends Reunion
HE TALKED ABOUT THE POKING DEVICE.
Emotional Tom Hanks Had To Turn His Back On Toy Story Creators During Final Scene
He called the final movie "a moment in history'.
Ed Helms’ Most Memorable One-Liners
“Hey Phil, Am I missing a tooth?”
Primark's New £14 Friends Pyjamas Are Just Like Rachel's Iconic Loungewear
The checks! The socks! The catchphrase!
50 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.