22 Things You Didn't Need To Know About Star Wars
1. George Lucas’ children have all had a small role in Star Wars. Katie Lucas appears as a Twi’lek dancer in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, whilst her sister, Amanda Lucas, appears as a background extra and their brother, Jett Lucas, appears as a young Padawan in the Jedi archives.
2. The members of Nsync made a cameo in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones, to appease Lucas’ daughters however it was cut from the final version.
3. Samuel L. Jackson claims that the words “bad motherfucker” were engraved on the lightsaber he used in the Star Wars films
4. In an early draft of "Star Wars". R2-D2 speaks English, and is actually kind of a jerk.
5. Jar Jar Binks is actually a dick. Before being rewritten as comic relief, Jar Jar Binks was a duplicitous mercenary who ultimately betrays Qui-Gon Jinn.
6. He was also a subtle villain in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones. While he’s standing in for Senator Amidala, it’s Jar Jar’s suggestion that Palpatine be given supreme powers, which the soon-to-be Emperor uses for great evil. Jar Jar, then, could be held responsible for indirectly causing the fall of the Old Republic and the destruction of the Jedi's.
7. He then proceeds to vote in favour of order 66, the murder of all Jedi.
8. Yoda was almost played by a trained monkey, with a cane, wearing a mask.
9. Yoda is actually the character's surname, his first name is Minch and his species are never named throughout Star Wars.
10. George Lucas almost went with an entirely different ending to Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi whereby Luke picks up Darth Vader’s helmet and puts It on claiming the role of Sith lord for himself and destroying the rebel alliance.
11. David Prowse (Darth Vader) was banned from all Star Wars conventions as George Lucas found him annoying.
12. The Millennium Falcon was modelled after George Lucas’s favourite food, a burger.
13. The sound of the TIE Fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.
14. The communicator Qui-Gon Jinn uses is actually an altered Gillete Sensor Excel women’s razor.
15. Tupac Shakur auditioned for the role of Mace Windu.
16.There are no female fighter pilots in the original trilogy.
17. Star Wars: The Old Republic game remains to be one of the most expensive games to make, costing between £150-200 million.
18. In the filming of “The Phantom Menace” Liam Neeson’s height forced a £150,000 rebuild of set in post-production.
19. It took as many as ten puppeteers (using both hands) to operate Jabba The Hutt.
20. Depending on what movie you're watching, Yoda has a different number of toes.
21. The Sith were originally called The Damned, but a British band with the same name debuted in February 1977, forcing Lucas to dub over the word with “Sith” in post-production. To this day, Lucas hates all punk rock.
22. Steven Spielberg's "E.T" had a small part in Lucas' Star Wars: The Phantom Menace as both homage to Spielberg's help in the franchise and a way of connecting the sci-fi worlds.
This Friends-Inspired 'Pivot' Tutorial Will Change Your Life
25 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.
Bryan Cranston Auditioned For Pineapple Express But Judd Apatow Thought He Wasn't Scary Enough
"Maybe the Breaking Bad people would have said, “not him, he always plays drug dealers.”
This Epic Rick & Morty Green Screen Tattoo Will Give You Chills
WHO DID THIS?!
Five Reasons You Need To Go To DragWorld This Month
Gentlemen, start your engines!
Jennifer Aniston Finally Reveals Which Friend Doesn't Want A Reunion
Who "doesn’t want to be asked that question any more"? FIND OUT HERE!
Quiz: Will You Make It Through Festival Season?
Will you survive through to September?!
Quiz: How Many Festival Cliches Have You Committed?
We've pretty much been there and done all of them…
David Schwimmer To Appear In New Will & Grace As Grace's Bae
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2018
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
Actress Who Played Chandler's Dad Felt 'Unwelcomed' By Friends Cast
'Unwelcoming and cliquey'... what?!
It's Time To Revisit This Cringey Windows 95 Video Starring Rachel And Chandler
"Look Matty! I'm computing!"
This Windows 95 Themed Instagram Is The Ultimate Nostalgia-Trip
The Expectation v Reality Of Summer Festivals
What you expect v what you really get at all your favourite summer festivals…
British Festivals v American Festivals: How Do They Compare?
Glasto or Coachella? Creamfields or EDC?
Sketch And Theatre Shows To Catch At The Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018
Drag queens and quartets and show tunes... oh my!
Primark's Range Of £4 Friends Make Up Bags Is Incredible
Just don't let Ross apply your eyeshadow...
Seth Rogen Shares All The Pineapple Express Gossip 10 Years After The Film's Release
Title origins, injuries and a whole lot of pot...
Die Hard Friends Fans Are Split On Whether A Reunion Should Happen
Reboot means reboot.
Cole Sprouse AKA Ben Geller Is The Same Age As Jennifer Aniston in Friends Series 1, WTF
The One Where We're Old And Decrepit