22 Things You Didn't Need To Know About Star Wars
1. George Lucas’ children have all had a small role in Star Wars. Katie Lucas appears as a Twi’lek dancer in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, whilst her sister, Amanda Lucas, appears as a background extra and their brother, Jett Lucas, appears as a young Padawan in the Jedi archives.
2. The members of Nsync made a cameo in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones, to appease Lucas’ daughters however it was cut from the final version.
3. Samuel L. Jackson claims that the words “bad motherfucker” were engraved on the lightsaber he used in the Star Wars films
4. In an early draft of "Star Wars". R2-D2 speaks English, and is actually kind of a jerk.
5. Jar Jar Binks is actually a dick. Before being rewritten as comic relief, Jar Jar Binks was a duplicitous mercenary who ultimately betrays Qui-Gon Jinn.
6. He was also a subtle villain in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones. While he’s standing in for Senator Amidala, it’s Jar Jar’s suggestion that Palpatine be given supreme powers, which the soon-to-be Emperor uses for great evil. Jar Jar, then, could be held responsible for indirectly causing the fall of the Old Republic and the destruction of the Jedi's.
7. He then proceeds to vote in favour of order 66, the murder of all Jedi.
8. Yoda was almost played by a trained monkey, with a cane, wearing a mask.
9. Yoda is actually the character's surname, his first name is Minch and his species are never named throughout Star Wars.
10. George Lucas almost went with an entirely different ending to Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi whereby Luke picks up Darth Vader’s helmet and puts It on claiming the role of Sith lord for himself and destroying the rebel alliance.
11. David Prowse (Darth Vader) was banned from all Star Wars conventions as George Lucas found him annoying.
12. The Millennium Falcon was modelled after George Lucas’s favourite food, a burger.
13. The sound of the TIE Fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.
14. The communicator Qui-Gon Jinn uses is actually an altered Gillete Sensor Excel women’s razor.
15. Tupac Shakur auditioned for the role of Mace Windu.
16.There are no female fighter pilots in the original trilogy.
17. Star Wars: The Old Republic game remains to be one of the most expensive games to make, costing between £150-200 million.
18. In the filming of “The Phantom Menace” Liam Neeson’s height forced a £150,000 rebuild of set in post-production.
19. It took as many as ten puppeteers (using both hands) to operate Jabba The Hutt.
20. Depending on what movie you're watching, Yoda has a different number of toes.
21. The Sith were originally called The Damned, but a British band with the same name debuted in February 1977, forcing Lucas to dub over the word with “Sith” in post-production. To this day, Lucas hates all punk rock.
22. Steven Spielberg's "E.T" had a small part in Lucas' Star Wars: The Phantom Menace as both homage to Spielberg's help in the franchise and a way of connecting the sci-fi worlds.
Matt LeBlanc Has Spoken Out On THOSE Retirement Rumours
He's not leaving us, guys.
Shangela Doesn’t Want You To Hate On Trixie For Winning All Stars 3
We love a selfless icon.
Rick And Morty Star In Run The Jewels' Latest Hip Hop Video
This Sh!t is LIT!
The Winner Of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 3 Is Revealed: Condragulations!
SO many spoilers in this article...
Instagram Account Turns Call Me By Your Name Into Monet Artwork
Yeah, they named it 'Call Me By Monet'.
RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 3 Finale Is TONIGHT, But Who Deserves To Win?
Tonight at 2am on Comedy Central!
Cartoon Impractical Jokers Is Here And It's Everything We Dreamed Of
It's all we ever wanted.
Rick And Morty Just Played The Main Stage At A Festival, WT Actual F
Life doesn't get better than this.
The Internet Shares All The Wonderful, Nice Things It Absolutely HATES
Dogs in costumes, guys. STOP IT.
Beyonce Fans Admit Depraved Things They'd Do For Concert Tickets And OK, WOW
Is everything okay at home, guys?
Teen Co-Star Tells Adorable Stories Of Will Smith On The Fresh Prince Set
"He was still a human being through the process of everything."
Matt LeBlanc Is Not Keen On A Reboot Called 'Old Friends'
"Personally? I don't think so."
RIP Stephen Hawking, Here Are Some Of His Funniest Moments
He will be missed.
People Are Claiming They Can Hear Janice Through This Photo
OH. MY. GOD.
This Dog Has A Human Face And The Internet Is Losing It
Is that a dog or a human?
The 2017 Funny Women Awards Results Are In
It's what they deserve!
The SNL Cast Impersonated The Oscar Nominees And It’s HILARIOUS
They were spot on.
Taylor Swift Has Us Screaming 'MOOD' In The 'Delicate' Music Video
Honestly, Taylor is us 24/7.
The Internet Shares Ken Dodd's All-Time Funniest Jokes
Fans & comedians pay their respects to the comedy legend, who has died aged 90.
7 Times You Missed Friends Foreshadowing Its Celeb Guest Stars