35 Ways To Stay Sane On A Long Journey With No Phone
ON A PLANE
1. Pretend you have to keep flapping your arms or you’ll plummet out of the sky.
2. Close your eyes and try to replay Alive inside your head in its entirety.
3. Join the mile high club. If you;re on your own, join the half-mile high club.
4. Go to the bathroom every fifteen minutes and eat a paper towel.
5. See if you can fill a whole sick bag up with tears.
6. Keep asking for a glass of water in the kitchenette and immediately dropping it then asking for another one until they refuse to give you any more.
ON A BUS
7. Close your eyes and try to replay Speed inside your head in its entirety.
8. Sing Mark Mancina’s excellent score to Speed: “Dun dun dun dan dan dan…. Neeyowm! Dun dun dun dan dan dan!”
9. Pretend the bus travelled into a posthuman future and you had to repopulate the earth. Work out which passengers should mate with each other to produce the hardiest offspring.
10. Deliberately get your foot stuck in the bus toilet and enlist help getting it unstuck. When it does get unstuck, go for a high-five with your rescuer and deliberately get it stuck again.
11. Sing the first line to The Wheels on The Bus Go Round And Round to the tune of La Marseillaise again and again like that’s how you think it goes. If anyone attempts to correct you, just sing over them.
12. Play the alphabet game with car registrations – look at the cars going by you and try to spot one that looks like it’s registered to someone whose name begins with the letter A, then try to spot one that looks like it’s registered to someone whose name begins with the letter B, etc.
ON A TRAIN
13. Close your eyes and try to replay Under Siege 2 inside your head in its entirety.
14. Sit on the toilet with your trousers round your ankles and the door unlocked and wait for someone to walk in on you like in the Irn-Bru advert. At first they’ll be embarrassed but then you’ll have a massive laugh and become firm friends.
15. Ask to borrow a pen from the ticket inspector and proceed to draw an elaborate sleeve tattoo the full length of your arm. Include a lifelike portrait of the ticket inspector in question. See if, by flexing your biceps, you can alter their expression.
16. Try to run the entire length of the train, front to back, at exactly the same speed as the train, so it’s like you’re staying still and the train’s just a needlessly enormous treadmill filled with people.
17. Nudge the person next to you and say “Are we there yet? Hey. Hey. Hey. Are we there yet? Jeez. I mean, when will be get there? Jeez. You know what I’m talking about. Are we there yet? Hey. Jeez.”
18. Look out of the window and loudly narrate everything you go past, swapping accents every twenty minutes.
ON A FERRY
19. Close your eyes and try to replay Titanic inside your head in its entirety.
20. Pretend you have to keep swimming or you’ll die.
21. Lean against the fruit machine they always have on ferries and wait for someone to use it. Shout encouraging things like “Hey, I hope this gamble pays off and you win lots of money!” and “Good luck at this financially hazardous machine!”
22. Dare every other passenger in turn to drink the sea.
23. Drink the sea.
24. Pretend to be asleep for several hours, then spring to your feet, point at all the other passengers and shout “Gotcha!”
25. Stage a mutiny.
26. Sit at a table and proclaim it to be the captain's table. Ask other people if they'd like to dine with you. Make a really big deal of writing a captain's log in the air with an imaginary pen.
27. Press your thumbs into your eyelids and pretend you’re flying through space.
28. Get that idea for a novel and think about writing it down for a while, but don’t.
29. Pre-emptively have loads of arguments with people inside your head about things that haven’t happened yet. Ideally get to a point where you’re really angry at people for things they haven’t done. Fun!
30. Dwell on incidents from your past while breathing heavily.
32. Picture a wordsearch and see what words you can find.
33. Think about your birthday for so long that you aren’t sure whether it’s your birthday or not.
35. Just get really pissed!
This Friends X Marvel Crossover Will Will Make You Question Everything
Kevin Hart's Funniest Movie One-Liners
How quotable can one man be?!
The Impractical Jokers Sold Out Their Completely Free Show In Hours
We're SO proud.
Judy Geller Debunks Friends Comeback Rumours Once And For All
Judy the ORACLE.
Everything You Need To Know About Comedy Central Live
Jimmy Carr, Russell Howard and Katherine Ryan headline Comedy Central Live, a three-day stand-up festival taking place at Southampton’s Hoglands Park on 5th, 6th and 7th October, 2018.
Kanye West Is Obsessed With Rick And Morty, Which Makes A Lot Of Sense, Actually
"Poopity scoop" takes on a whole new meaning.
Impractical Jokers Moments That Make Hilarious Unintentional Memes
Sal, Q and the gang are funniest when they don't mean to be...
The UK’s 10 Most Iconic Film Quotes EVER
This Friends-Themed Brunch Is About To Make Your Instagram Incredible
So no one told you BRUNCH was gonna be this GREAT?
Six Of The Wackiest Films Of The 80s/90s
This is going to be a good Halloween...
Where To Lol As The Leaves Fall In Autumn 2018
Laugh in the face of grim weather with this lot.
15 Most Outrageous Moments On Impractical Jokers
Piercings, planes and plenty of poop.
These Are The Movies Coming Out In 2018 You NEED To See
This will be an iconic year in film history.
Jaden Smith Reckons He Could Be The New Carlton In A Fresh Prince Reboot
He's got the moves tbf...
Will Smith And Alfonso Ribeiro Prove Their Friendship Is Still Fresh 22 Years Later
The love is REAL.
Impractical Joker Murr Tells Us It Took 15 Years For His Show To Be Aired
If at first you don't succeed, prank and prank again...
This Sesame Street Fresh Prince Parody Will Warm Your Cold Heart
"We'll tell you how we became Bert and Ernie..."
Put Down The Book! Science Has Proved That 'Friends' Makes You Smarter
Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?
Murr Reveals Key Details About The Impractical Jokers 'Cross-Country Hidden Camera Movie'
"Who knows – we may be doing a UK premiere."
22 Years Later, Friends' Russ VS. 'Snaro' Mystery Is Solved
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!