15 Reasons Why Group Texts Are The Worst
1. People start group texts for the most basic reasons. Going to the cinema? Group text. Seeing the same show later this week? Group text. Someone thought of something funny? Group text. Can I live?
2. And the never-ending notifications that consequently follow... Ugh!
3. Not to mention that after the initial text exchange no one says anything important nor interesting anyway - it’s just random chatting.
4. It’s even more awkward when the group chat includes people you don’t know IRL. What are their limits? What emojis are appropriate for this situation? IT’S A MINEFIELD.
5. Not everyone catches up with the conversation at the same speed, so you end up talking about the same things over and over again ‘cuz subjects can't die.
6. Oh, and don’t even start me on the politics of group texts.
7. There’s always at least five side convos going on because someone doesn’t like someone involved in the main group text.
8. And then you have to keep up with who is in which group text.
9. And how not slip up and start talking shit about someone in the wrong chat.
10. And just when you think you’ve finally got the hang of it, some dumbass changes the name of the group text for fun and the confusion starts anew.
11. If you’re using WhatsApp, group texting is even worse - your phone is full of random pictures people send to each other all the time and you have negative 126MB of available storage because of it.
12. And your battery lifespan is like four hours on a good day.
13. Yet turning off your phone or muting the conversation is a no-go - you’re not mentally equipped to deal with the 456 new messages that will inevitably show up in your group text by the time your tune back in.
14. SO. MUCH. SCROLLING.
15. But even though there’s so much wrong with group texts, they always suck you back in. Because you don’t want drama, but you wanna know 103% of all the details. *help desk lady emoji*
Related: 17 Drunk Texts That Will Make Your Head Spin
The Impractical Jokers Spill The Beans On Season 7 Christmas Finale
"Who knows, Santa may show up or may not, we'll see!"
New Look Just Released A Range Of Friends Christmas T-Shirts
Here's to a lousy Christmas, and a crappy new year!
2-4-1 Cinema Tickets To See Some Christmas Classics
Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Bad Santa and more at the BFI!
Dude! Stoner Saturdays Are Coming to the BFI
Under 25? You can get in for just £3
RuPaul Hints Trixie Mattel SHOULDN'T Have Won All Stars Amid Elimination Changes
"I didn't count on the other girls who came back being so vindictive [to Shangela]!"
The First Toy Story 4 Trailer Reveals A Dangerous New Character
"Somebody get him before he pokes an eye out!"
Rick And Morty Just Had Their Most Deadly Secret Revealed
This is twisted.
Elle McPherson Sets Record Straight On Rumours She Regretted Starring In Friends
"Had I known how successful it was before going, I think I would have chickened out because it was such an iconic show."
Which WTF Advent Calendar Will You Choose This Crimbo?
Dog food, gin, and even cheese! We've got it all covered...
Here's Every Single Detail Released About The Impractical Jokers Movie
The HUGE pranks, the wrap cake, the DIRECTOR'S CHAIR? This is all too much...
Oh. My. God! Ugly Naked Guy Called For A Friends Reunion
HE TALKED ABOUT THE POKING DEVICE.
Emotional Tom Hanks Had To Turn His Back On Toy Story Creators During Final Scene
He called the final movie "a moment in history'.
Ed Helms’ Most Memorable One-Liners
“Hey Phil, Am I missing a tooth?”
Primark's New £14 Friends Pyjamas Are Just Like Rachel's Iconic Loungewear
The checks! The socks! The catchphrase!
50 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2018
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
18 Weird And Wonderful Things To Do This Christmas In London
'Tis the season to be (very, very) jolly...
Horrifying Halloween Hook Up Stories
"He was dressed as an ambiguous German youth..."
12 Halloween Costume Ideas For True Friends Fans
These are way, way better than 'Spud-nik'.
This Fresh Prince X Goosebumps Theme Tune Mash Up Will Clear Your Cobwebs
The Fresh Prince Of HELL Air! It's got a ring to it...