15 Reasons Why Group Texts Are The Worst
1. People start group texts for the most basic reasons. Going to the cinema? Group text. Seeing the same show later this week? Group text. Someone thought of something funny? Group text. Can I live?
2. And the never-ending notifications that consequently follow... Ugh!
3. Not to mention that after the initial text exchange no one says anything important nor interesting anyway - it’s just random chatting.
4. It’s even more awkward when the group chat includes people you don’t know IRL. What are their limits? What emojis are appropriate for this situation? IT’S A MINEFIELD.
5. Not everyone catches up with the conversation at the same speed, so you end up talking about the same things over and over again ‘cuz subjects can't die.
6. Oh, and don’t even start me on the politics of group texts.
7. There’s always at least five side convos going on because someone doesn’t like someone involved in the main group text.
8. And then you have to keep up with who is in which group text.
9. And how not slip up and start talking shit about someone in the wrong chat.
10. And just when you think you’ve finally got the hang of it, some dumbass changes the name of the group text for fun and the confusion starts anew.
11. If you’re using WhatsApp, group texting is even worse - your phone is full of random pictures people send to each other all the time and you have negative 126MB of available storage because of it.
12. And your battery lifespan is like four hours on a good day.
13. Yet turning off your phone or muting the conversation is a no-go - you’re not mentally equipped to deal with the 456 new messages that will inevitably show up in your group text by the time your tune back in.
14. SO. MUCH. SCROLLING.
15. But even though there’s so much wrong with group texts, they always suck you back in. Because you don’t want drama, but you wanna know 103% of all the details. *help desk lady emoji*
Related: 17 Drunk Texts That Will Make Your Head Spin
Female Double Acts That Give Us Life
Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson are taking to the big screen in ‘The Hustle’ as con artists Josephine and Penny who team up to take down the men who have wronged them....
The Ultimate Bucket List For London Movie Buffs
Fun and quirky ways to celebrate the silver screen.
Seth Rogen’s Funniest Film Moments
"I'm going to try to conduct myself in such a way that does not risk global humiliation."
5 Times Charlize Theron Proved She's A Badass
"Am I being too bossy?"
The Best Comedy Shows And Gigs Around The World 2019
Friends: The Parody Musical, Underbelly and Fleabag live!
Kendal Calling Festival's Comedy Line Up Revealed
Josh Widdicombe, Reginald D.Hunter & tons more.
FriendsFest Is Back!
The summer's biggest TV event is back!
The 2019 Oscar Nominations Are Finally Here And WOAH
There are some real surprises.
50 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2019
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
The One With Russ' Turns 23 Today And It's Still Weird AF
Almost a quarter of a century later, we still don't get it.
23 Years Later, Friends' Russ VS. 'Snaro' Mystery Is Solved
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!
25 Weird And Wonderful Things To Do This Christmas In London
'Tis the season to be (very, very) jolly...
The Comedy Lovers Christmas Gift Guide 2018
Get some LOLs in your life this Crimbo.
The Impractical Jokers Spill The Beans On Season 7 Christmas Finale
"Who knows, Santa may show up or may not, we'll see!"
New Look Just Released A Range Of Friends Christmas T-Shirts
Here's to a lousy Christmas, and a crappy new year!
2-4-1 Cinema Tickets To See Some Christmas Classics
Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Bad Santa and more at the BFI!
Dude! Stoner Saturdays Are Coming to the BFI
Under 25? You can get in for just £3
RuPaul Hints Trixie Mattel SHOULDN'T Have Won All Stars Amid Elimination Changes
"I didn't count on the other girls who came back being so vindictive [to Shangela]!"
The First Toy Story 4 Trailer Reveals A Dangerous New Character
"Somebody get him before he pokes an eye out!"