The 19 Stages Of Every British Heat Wave
Every year, for about day or two, the British Isles turn into a hot mess. No one's ever prepared for the heat. Everyone's excited at first, but soon regrets doing even as much as setting their foot outside. Sound familiar?
1. You wake up sweating.
2. Suspiciously, you look outside of the window.
3. You inevitably get blinded by the sun - what is this sorcery? Could it be? Is today the day?
4. You rummage through your closet, trying to find a pair of shorts and some tank tops. Where did you put your sunglasses again?
5. You think about putting sun cream on, but ultimately decide not to bother.
6. Half way through the day, when you’re drinking with your colleagues in the nearby park during lunchtime, you start regretting that decision.
7. You spend most of your afternoon sweating in your office, frantically browsing through Amazon’s mini desk fans selection.
8. You order one, but it turns out it’s shipping from China, so it’s going to be here in a month’s time. Oh well, surely it will come in handy during the next heat wave.
9. Time to go home now, finally. You suffer a near-death experience through suffocation on your commute. Off to the park now!
10. Unless it’s the weekend, then you’ve been at the park since noon, most likely drunk by 3pm.
11. It’s 5.30pm now - that’s the threshold for complaining. What started off as great fun is now a sweaty mess.
12. “Oh, my! Can you believe this weather, Jessica?”
13. “You can’t do anything in this heat!”
14. “At least it’s not raining, eh?”
15. You look down at your arm - it’s pinkish already. Uh-oh.
16. But who cares? It’s time to get your priorities straight. You haven’t had enough ice cream today. Let’s go get one. Or, y’know, ten.
17. Wait, did someone say Pimms? Sure, you'll have some Pimms.
18. You’re back home now. It’s 10pm. You’re drunk, sunburnt, and full of sugar.
19. But you know what you’re not full of? Regret. It was one of the best days of this year. Until the next heat wave - 365 days from now.
This Friends-Inspired 'Pivot' Tutorial Will Change Your Life
Bryan Cranston Auditioned For Pineapple Express But Judd Apatow Thought He Wasn't Scary Enough
"Maybe the Breaking Bad people would have said, “not him, he always plays drug dealers.”
Five Reasons You Need To Go To DragWorld This Month
Gentlemen, start your engines!
Quiz: Will You Make It Through Festival Season?
Will you survive through to September?!
Quiz: How Many Festival Cliches Have You Committed?
We've pretty much been there and done all of them…
David Schwimmer To Appear In New Will & Grace As Grace's Bae
It's Time To Revisit This Cringey Windows 95 Video Starring Rachel And Chandler
"Look Matty! I'm computing!"
This Windows 95 Themed Instagram Is The Ultimate Nostalgia-Trip
The Expectation v Reality Of Summer Festivals
What you expect v what you really get at all your favourite summer festivals…
British Festivals v American Festivals: How Do They Compare?
Glasto or Coachella? Creamfields or EDC?
Sketch And Theatre Shows To Catch At The Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018
Drag queens and quartets and show tunes... oh my!
Seth Rogen Shares All The Pineapple Express Gossip 10 Years After The Film's Release
Title origins, injuries and a whole lot of pot...
Die Hard Friends Fans Are Split On Whether A Reunion Should Happen
Reboot means reboot.
Cole Sprouse AKA Ben Geller Is The Same Age As Jennifer Aniston in Friends Series 1, WTF
The One Where We're Old And Decrepit
20 Years Later, Medical Advisor Debunks Friends 'Pee On Jellyfish Sting' Cure
To pee or not to pee...
Mike Hannigan Had The Glow Up Of The Century And We're So Proud
No one would dare call him Crap Bag now...
Don't Miss These Incredible Shows At Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018
You will laugh so hard your belly hurts...
OMG! The Twins Who Played Friends' Baby Emma Will Star In Jordan Peele's New Film
They're 16 years old now!
Will Smith Shows Everyone How The Drake #InMyFeelingsChallenge Is Done
Fresh Prinnnnce, do you loooove meeee?
Murr From Impractical Jokers Is Hosting A Series Of UK Parties And We're So Excited
This MUST be a prank...