The 19 Stages Of Every British Heat Wave
Every year, for about day or two, the British Isles turn into a hot mess. No one's ever prepared for the heat. Everyone's excited at first, but soon regrets doing even as much as setting their foot outside. Sound familiar?
1. You wake up sweating.
2. Suspiciously, you look outside of the window.
3. You inevitably get blinded by the sun - what is this sorcery? Could it be? Is today the day?
4. You rummage through your closet, trying to find a pair of shorts and some tank tops. Where did you put your sunglasses again?
5. You think about putting sun cream on, but ultimately decide not to bother.
6. Half way through the day, when you’re drinking with your colleagues in the nearby park during lunchtime, you start regretting that decision.
7. You spend most of your afternoon sweating in your office, frantically browsing through Amazon’s mini desk fans selection.
8. You order one, but it turns out it’s shipping from China, so it’s going to be here in a month’s time. Oh well, surely it will come in handy during the next heat wave.
9. Time to go home now, finally. You suffer a near-death experience through suffocation on your commute. Off to the park now!
10. Unless it’s the weekend, then you’ve been at the park since noon, most likely drunk by 3pm.
11. It’s 5.30pm now - that’s the threshold for complaining. What started off as great fun is now a sweaty mess.
12. “Oh, my! Can you believe this weather, Jessica?”
13. “You can’t do anything in this heat!”
14. “At least it’s not raining, eh?”
15. You look down at your arm - it’s pinkish already. Uh-oh.
16. But who cares? It’s time to get your priorities straight. You haven’t had enough ice cream today. Let’s go get one. Or, y’know, ten.
17. Wait, did someone say Pimms? Sure, you'll have some Pimms.
18. You’re back home now. It’s 10pm. You’re drunk, sunburnt, and full of sugar.
19. But you know what you’re not full of? Regret. It was one of the best days of this year. Until the next heat wave - 365 days from now.
The One With Russ' Turns 23 Today And It's Still Weird AF
Almost a quarter of a century later, we still don't get it.
Elle McPherson Sets Record Straight On Rumours She Regretted Starring In Friends
"Had I known how successful it was before going, I think I would have chickened out because it was such an iconic show."
Which WTF Advent Calendar Will You Choose This Crimbo?
Dog food, gin, and even cheese! We've got it all covered...
Here's Every Single Detail Released About The Impractical Jokers Movie
The HUGE pranks, the wrap cake, the DIRECTOR'S CHAIR? This is all too much...
Horrifying Halloween Hook Up Stories
"He was dressed as an ambiguous German youth..."
This Fresh Prince X Goosebumps Theme Tune Mash Up Will Clear Your Cobwebs
The Fresh Prince Of HELL Air! It's got a ring to it...
13 Hilarious Rick & Morty Halloween Costumes To Make You Spoopa Loopa Woop Woop
So many cute Mortys...
Best Reactions To (Not) David Schwimmer's Blackpool Crime Incident
Ah, humour based on his pain...
Everything We Know About The Impractical Jokers Movie So Far
UK premiere, anyone?
8 Amazing Facts We Learned From Murr's Reddit AMA
Fame, friends, and romance, ooh la la!
Primark's £5 Christmas Decorations Will Jingle Your Bells
Saw Santa Claus. He said hello to Ross!
Friends Fans Spotted A Massive Blunder With Monica's Wedding Dress
"They're as different as night and... later that night."
The Royal Baby Should Be Named After These Friends Characters
Rick & Morty Fans Watched An Episode With A Live Orchestra And It Looked Epic
Wubba lubba dub dub!
Halloween Cartoons To Spook The Heck Out Of You
Rachel Green Almost Looked A LOT Like Saved By The Bell's Kelly Kapowski
Greens do not quit!
Impractical Jokers' Murr Is Now A Best-Selling Author, FACT
We certainly feel AWAKENED by this news...
Friends Creator Reveals Joey Wasn't The First Choice For A Friends Spin Off
He wasn't even the second...
Friends Halloween Episodes We Wish Had Happened
Could he HAVE any more needles sticking out of his face?
The Best London Theatre Shows & Events To Book In 2018
Time to get cultured, y'all...