21 Reasons Britain Is The Funniest Country In The World
We Brits are famed for our sense of humour, or so we like to think. The thing is, when was the last time a Frenchman came up to you and said: "Ahh zee Eeenglish, you are so funnayy! Yerr jowkes are heestericull. And yerr impressions are, 'ow do you say, eempeciblee?"
Never, and there's probably a good reason for it. But we are hilarious, and we can prove it.
1. We know what constitutes breaking news
2. We have the most banterous dip in the world
When your humous says something funny and you just think pic.twitter.com/FdlDff3uoZ
— Annie Marron (@voteforannie) October 18, 2015
3. We take our patriotism very seriously
4. We’re tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
— Kingston Police (@MPSKingston) May 9, 2016
> Watch: Larry Dean Ventures to London
5. We have no problem talking about the real issues
6. We actually live in places like this
7. We have a day dedicated to one politician tweeting his own name
— Ed Balls (@edballs) April 28, 2016
8. We care about being right almost as much as we care about crisps
serious issues going on over here in the UK pic.twitter.com/wWmZpQ7NyB
— lottie (@l0ttiehall) May 10, 2016
> Watch: Comedy Central Wants YOU! (To Vote)
9. We had a collective heart attack when someone stuffed up a baked alaska
10. We’re just so down to earth
11. We have our priorities completely in order
12. We have a loose definition of the phrase ‘real life’
> Watch: What Is Brexit Plus Plus Plus?
13. We have little to no respect for our Royal Family
14. But then again, they can surprise us
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 29, 2016
15. We have the best postal service in the world
16. We actually thought this was a good name for a dessert
> CC INVESTIGATES: What Would Millennials Do For Fame?
17. We don’t take much convincing when it comes to booze
— Rachel Orange (@RachelOrange1) February 22, 2014
18. We may not have got a research vessel named Boaty McBoatface, but we got a bloody submarine named Boaty McBoatface
19. We are the masters of puns
British TV at its finest pic.twitter.com/qUlD5pYHra
— Bradley Mckenna (@BradleyMckenna) October 2, 2015
20. We always manage to put our foot in it; sometimes both
21. Basically, this is us all the time
The subtle differences between the US and UK summed up in 6 seconds. https://t.co/X4sPmNUspA
— Robin Edds (@robinedds) November 27, 2015
Related: Amazing British Museum Face Swaps
British Museum Face Swaps
The Final Friends Episode Drove Matt LeBlanc To Start Smoking Again
The actor describes how traumatic it was to film.
Will Smith Films Himself Almost Crying Over Black Panther, WE RELATE
Tears of joy.
This Black Panther Parody Of Jaden Smith's ICON Video Is Everything
He is just a young King living.
Matt LeBlanc Rejects Claims 'Friends' Is Homophobic
They aired American TV's first EVER lesbian wedding.
RuPaul's Gaelic Tweet To Michelle Visage Has Drag Races Fans Buggin'
Sashayáil away what now?
We Missed A HUGE Clue Hinting At Jen An & Justin Theroux's Split
That... makes a lot of sense.
It’s Virtual Rick-ality, Rick And Morty Is Coming To VR With PlayStation
Now YOU can hop into dimension C-137.
Rick & Morty’s Szechuan Sauce Could Be Returning To McDonald’s SOON
Phi Phi Got Stuck To Peppermint On Stage And We’re Gagging
HOW HAVE WE NOT SEEN THIS UNTIL NOW?
Quiz: Which Impractical Joker Should You Marry And Have Beautiful Babies With?
Quinn for the win.
Here's All The On-Set Drama You Never Knew Happened On Friends
Lisa Kudrow thought she'd get fired, Matt Le Blanc left the show and Jen An? Where do we start...
Amy Schumer, Trevor Noah & Jon Stewart To Host This Year's Clusterfest
This year's comedy festival will be bigger than EVER!
Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Split Sparks WILD Brad Pitt Rumours
Anyone else hyperventilating into a paper bag right now???
Zach Braff And Donald Faison Took Valentine's Day To The Next Level
Comedian Angela Barnes Was Left The Cutest Valentine's Day Treasure Hunt
Okay, maybe we DO need a Valentine...
ATTENTION! Could This Friends Movie Plot Justify A Reunion?
Fans are begging for Joey to get married.
These 'Roses Are Red' Poems Will Make You Glad You're Single
Who needs a significant other anyway?
Will Smith Slams Haters With Hilarious 'La Bamba' Video
He knows everything.
Crowds Of Friends Fans Try To Get Into Monica And Chandler's Apartments Every Day
Restaurant workers have to explain where Central Perk really is...
STOP EVERYTHING! RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Gets A Burlesque Twist
WHAT COULD IT BE?! SPILL. THE. TEA.