21 Reasons Britain Is The Funniest Country In The World
We Brits are famed for our sense of humour, or so we like to think. The thing is, when was the last time a Frenchman came up to you and said: "Ahh zee Eeenglish, you are so funnayy! Yerr jowkes are heestericull. And yerr impressions are, 'ow do you say, eempeciblee?"
Never, and there's probably a good reason for it. But we are hilarious, and we can prove it.
1. We know what constitutes breaking news
2. We have the most banterous dip in the world
When your humous says something funny and you just think pic.twitter.com/FdlDff3uoZ
— Annie Marron (@voteforannie) October 18, 2015
3. We take our patriotism very seriously
4. We’re tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
— Kingston Police (@MPSKingston) May 9, 2016
> Watch: Larry Dean Ventures to London
5. We have no problem talking about the real issues
6. We actually live in places like this
7. We have a day dedicated to one politician tweeting his own name
— Ed Balls (@edballs) April 28, 2016
8. We care about being right almost as much as we care about crisps
serious issues going on over here in the UK pic.twitter.com/wWmZpQ7NyB
— lottie (@l0ttiehall) May 10, 2016
> Watch: Comedy Central Wants YOU! (To Vote)
9. We had a collective heart attack when someone stuffed up a baked alaska
10. We’re just so down to earth
11. We have our priorities completely in order
12. We have a loose definition of the phrase ‘real life’
> Watch: What Is Brexit Plus Plus Plus?
13. We have little to no respect for our Royal Family
14. But then again, they can surprise us
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 29, 2016
15. We have the best postal service in the world
16. We actually thought this was a good name for a dessert
> CC INVESTIGATES: What Would Millennials Do For Fame?
17. We don’t take much convincing when it comes to booze
— Rachel Orange (@RachelOrange1) February 22, 2014
18. We may not have got a research vessel named Boaty McBoatface, but we got a bloody submarine named Boaty McBoatface
19. We are the masters of puns
British TV at its finest pic.twitter.com/qUlD5pYHra
— Bradley Mckenna (@BradleyMckenna) October 2, 2015
20. We always manage to put our foot in it; sometimes both
21. Basically, this is us all the time
The subtle differences between the US and UK summed up in 6 seconds. https://t.co/X4sPmNUspA
— Robin Edds (@robinedds) November 27, 2015
Related: Amazing British Museum Face Swaps
British Museum Face Swaps
Female Double Acts That Give Us Life
Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson are taking to the big screen in ‘The Hustle’ as con artists Josephine and Penny who team up to take down the men who have wronged them....
The Ultimate Bucket List For London Movie Buffs
Fun and quirky ways to celebrate the silver screen.
Seth Rogen’s Funniest Film Moments
"I'm going to try to conduct myself in such a way that does not risk global humiliation."
5 Times Charlize Theron Proved She's A Badass
"Am I being too bossy?"
The Best Comedy Shows And Gigs Around The World 2019
Friends: The Parody Musical, Underbelly and Fleabag live!
Kendal Calling Festival's Comedy Line Up Revealed
Josh Widdicombe, Reginald D.Hunter & tons more.
FriendsFest Is Back!
The summer's biggest TV event is back!
The 2019 Oscar Nominations Are Finally Here And WOAH
There are some real surprises.
50 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2019
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
The One With Russ' Turns 23 Today And It's Still Weird AF
Almost a quarter of a century later, we still don't get it.
23 Years Later, Friends' Russ VS. 'Snaro' Mystery Is Solved
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!
25 Weird And Wonderful Things To Do This Christmas In London
'Tis the season to be (very, very) jolly...
The Comedy Lovers Christmas Gift Guide 2018
Get some LOLs in your life this Crimbo.
The Impractical Jokers Spill The Beans On Season 7 Christmas Finale
"Who knows, Santa may show up or may not, we'll see!"
New Look Just Released A Range Of Friends Christmas T-Shirts
Here's to a lousy Christmas, and a crappy new year!
2-4-1 Cinema Tickets To See Some Christmas Classics
Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Bad Santa and more at the BFI!
Dude! Stoner Saturdays Are Coming to the BFI
Under 25? You can get in for just £3
RuPaul Hints Trixie Mattel SHOULDN'T Have Won All Stars Amid Elimination Changes
"I didn't count on the other girls who came back being so vindictive [to Shangela]!"
The First Toy Story 4 Trailer Reveals A Dangerous New Character
"Somebody get him before he pokes an eye out!"