21 Reasons Britain Is The Funniest Country In The World
We Brits are famed for our sense of humour, or so we like to think. The thing is, when was the last time a Frenchman came up to you and said: "Ahh zee Eeenglish, you are so funnayy! Yerr jowkes are heestericull. And yerr impressions are, 'ow do you say, eempeciblee?"
Never, and there's probably a good reason for it. But we are hilarious, and we can prove it.
1. We know what constitutes breaking news
2. We have the most banterous dip in the world
When your humous says something funny and you just think pic.twitter.com/FdlDff3uoZ
— Annie Marron (@voteforannie) October 18, 2015
3. We take our patriotism very seriously
4. We’re tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
— Kingston Police (@MPSKingston) May 9, 2016
> Watch: Larry Dean Ventures to London
5. We have no problem talking about the real issues
6. We actually live in places like this
7. We have a day dedicated to one politician tweeting his own name
— Ed Balls (@edballs) April 28, 2016
8. We care about being right almost as much as we care about crisps
serious issues going on over here in the UK pic.twitter.com/wWmZpQ7NyB
— lottie (@l0ttiehall) May 10, 2016
> Watch: Comedy Central Wants YOU! (To Vote)
9. We had a collective heart attack when someone stuffed up a baked alaska
10. We’re just so down to earth
11. We have our priorities completely in order
12. We have a loose definition of the phrase ‘real life’
> Watch: What Is Brexit Plus Plus Plus?
13. We have little to no respect for our Royal Family
14. But then again, they can surprise us
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 29, 2016
15. We have the best postal service in the world
16. We actually thought this was a good name for a dessert
> CC INVESTIGATES: What Would Millennials Do For Fame?
17. We don’t take much convincing when it comes to booze
— Rachel Orange (@RachelOrange1) February 22, 2014
18. We may not have got a research vessel named Boaty McBoatface, but we got a bloody submarine named Boaty McBoatface
19. We are the masters of puns
British TV at its finest pic.twitter.com/qUlD5pYHra
— Bradley Mckenna (@BradleyMckenna) October 2, 2015
20. We always manage to put our foot in it; sometimes both
21. Basically, this is us all the time
The subtle differences between the US and UK summed up in 6 seconds. https://t.co/X4sPmNUspA
— Robin Edds (@robinedds) November 27, 2015
Related: Amazing British Museum Face Swaps
British Museum Face Swaps
The Impractical Jokers Spill The Beans On Season 7 Christmas Finale
"Who knows, Santa may show up or may not, we'll see!"
New Look Just Released A Range Of Friends Christmas T-Shirts
Here's to a lousy Christmas, and a crappy new year!
2-4-1 Cinema Tickets To See Some Christmas Classics
Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Bad Santa and more at the BFI!
Dude! Stoner Saturdays Are Coming to the BFI
Under 25? You can get in for just £3
RuPaul Hints Trixie Mattel SHOULDN'T Have Won All Stars Amid Elimination Changes
"I didn't count on the other girls who came back being so vindictive [to Shangela]!"
The First Toy Story 4 Trailer Reveals A Dangerous New Character
"Somebody get him before he pokes an eye out!"
Rick And Morty Just Had Their Most Deadly Secret Revealed
This is twisted.
Elle McPherson Sets Record Straight On Rumours She Regretted Starring In Friends
"Had I known how successful it was before going, I think I would have chickened out because it was such an iconic show."
Which WTF Advent Calendar Will You Choose This Crimbo?
Dog food, gin, and even cheese! We've got it all covered...
Here's Every Single Detail Released About The Impractical Jokers Movie
The HUGE pranks, the wrap cake, the DIRECTOR'S CHAIR? This is all too much...
Oh. My. God! Ugly Naked Guy Called For A Friends Reunion
HE TALKED ABOUT THE POKING DEVICE.
Emotional Tom Hanks Had To Turn His Back On Toy Story Creators During Final Scene
He called the final movie "a moment in history'.
Ed Helms’ Most Memorable One-Liners
“Hey Phil, Am I missing a tooth?”
Primark's New £14 Friends Pyjamas Are Just Like Rachel's Iconic Loungewear
The checks! The socks! The catchphrase!
50 Super Weird, Crazy Fun Things To Do In London
Come sniff Amy Winehouse's poo. We dare you.
Amazing Shows, Gigs And Plays You Can't Miss In 2018
From comedy to cabaret, fill up your calendar...
18 Weird And Wonderful Things To Do This Christmas In London
'Tis the season to be (very, very) jolly...
Horrifying Halloween Hook Up Stories
"He was dressed as an ambiguous German youth..."
12 Halloween Costume Ideas For True Friends Fans
These are way, way better than 'Spud-nik'.
This Fresh Prince X Goosebumps Theme Tune Mash Up Will Clear Your Cobwebs
The Fresh Prince Of HELL Air! It's got a ring to it...