Today's Ada Lovelace day, a happy reminder that female scientists pioneered many of the world's most important creations and discoveries. Can you spell 'computer algorithm'? Lovelace invented them. And a bunch of other cool shit.
.@SciencePorn Haha, it's funny because women did all the calculations that actually got men to the moon— Near deGrasse Tyson (@DrNeilTyson) August 24, 2016
Ladies make up just 24% of STEM workers in the US, and only 12.8% in the UK - and they're two countries that claim to *lead* the charge in rebalancing gender equality. In the face of this (and old dudes trying to grab them by their pussies without permission), women do fucking awesome stuff every day.
Here's 11 amazing things we wouldn't have without them.
Amazing Inventions And Discoveries By Female ScientistsHappy Ada Lovelace Day!
Related: The 13 Types Of Female Characters On TV And Film
The 13 Types Of Female Characters In Film And TVBecause we all know every single black female on this planet is a sassy diva, right?
- FriendsFestive 2021 Tickets Are On Sale NowFriendsFestive is back, and we couldn't BE more excited!10/11/2020
- Comedy Central Charity HelplinesFind the latest contact information for support from charitable organisations.05/11/2020
- These Six Questions Will Compare Your Favourite TV Choices With The NationSky Q’s Entertainment Poll has all the answers27/08/2020
- WTF Fun Things You Can Still Do In London 2020Get stuck into some socially distant socialising.26/08/2020
- Comedy Gigs & Theatre Shows You Cannot Miss In 2020*insert inspirational blurb here*02/03/2020