1. People start group texts for the most basic reasons. Going to the cinema? Group text. Seeing the same show later this week? Group text. Someone thought of something funny? Group text. Can I live?
2. And the never-ending notifications that consequently follow... Ugh!
3. Not to mention that after the initial text exchange no one says anything important nor interesting anyway - it’s just random chatting.
4. It’s even more awkward when the group chat includes people you don’t know IRL. What are their limits? What emojis are appropriate for this situation? IT’S A MINEFIELD.
5. Not everyone catches up with the conversation at the same speed, so you end up talking about the same things over and over again ‘cuz subjects can't die.
6. Oh, and don’t even start me on the politics of group texts.
7. There’s always at least five side convos going on because someone doesn’t like someone involved in the main group text.
8. And then you have to keep up with who is in which group text.
9. And how not slip up and start talking shit about someone in the wrong chat.
10. And just when you think you’ve finally got the hang of it, some dumbass changes the name of the group text for fun and the confusion starts anew.
11. If you’re using WhatsApp, group texting is even worse - your phone is full of random pictures people send to each other all the time and you have negative 126MB of available storage because of it.
12. And your battery lifespan is like four hours on a good day.
13. Yet turning off your phone or muting the conversation is a no-go - you’re not mentally equipped to deal with the 456 new messages that will inevitably show up in your group text by the time your tune back in.
14. SO. MUCH. SCROLLING.
15. But even though there’s so much wrong with group texts, they always suck you back in. Because you don’t want drama, but you wanna know 103% of all the details. *help desk lady emoji*
Related: 17 Drunk Texts That Will Make Your Head Spin