1. Sugar We’re Going Down, Fall Out Boy
Every queer emo boy's anthem.
2. Perfect, Simple Plan
We all hated our parents, so why not write a song about it?
3. Bring Me To Life, Evanescence
Even now, THIRTEEN years after the song originally came out, every time someone says "wake me up" your first instinct is probably to respond to it with "wake me up inside". That's how iconic this song was.
4. First Day of My Life, Bright Eyes
"Yours was the first face that I saw / I think I was blind before I met you." MATE, how did you see her then?
5. Seventy Times 7, Brand New
Best listened to after a shitty house party when you've been rejected by your One True Love (TM).
6. My Happy Ending, Avril Lavigne
Was Avril even emo or did she sell out? Who knows at this point.
7. Dance, Dance, Fall Out Boy
Even those who weren't emo rocked out hard to this song back in the day. Because let's be honest, it's amazing.
8. Misery Business, Paramore
Jealousy and sadness was the fuel of the emo kids.
9. Helena, My Chemical Romance
Even an emo kid needs to let go of their feelings and move on at some point...
10. Ohio Is for Lovers, Hawthorne Heights
"Cut my wrists and black my eyes," cuz apparently that's how you deal with long distance relationships.
11. I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Panic! At The Disco
It's THE emo song. The anthem. The greatest track of them all. All hail Panic! At The Disco.
12. Scars, Papa Roach
That's what happens when you invest yourself too much in a relationship.
13. Numb, Linkin Park
"All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." Don't we all, Chester. Don't we all.
14. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day
This... This feels like a bit of exaggeration. But us emo kids lived for it, let's be honest.
15. Dear Maria, Count Me In, All Time Low
Yay, getting black-out drunk and suffering! Our favourite pass-times in the mid-to-late 00s. Those Strongbows and VKs sure were delicious.
16. The Middle, Jimmy Eat World
Sometimes we just needed to hear that everything's gonna be alright. Emo life is hard, innit.
17. Dance Floor Anthem, Good Charlotte
Well, sir, maybe I don't wanna be in love.
18. All That I’ve Got, The Used
Oh, yes. The oldest trick in the emo book. Pretending like we're fine when we're not.
19. The Kill (Bury Me), 30 Seconds To Mars
Please don't tho, I've got a Chemistry test tomorrow and I need to get a good grade or my mom won't get me FOB tickets for my birthday...