1. You’ll spend an embarrassing amount of money on alcohol.
2. You’ll meet so many new people while out drinking.
3. Only to avoid most of them on campus for the rest of the year.
4. You’ll definitely get lost at least once.
5. It’s also highly possible you’ll forget where you live when coming back from a night out.
6. You’ll experience the worst hangover you've ever had in your life.
7. And probably snog a couple of people you shouldn’t have snogged.
8. You’ll also spend a lot of time and money on surprisingly shite fancy dress to impress your new fellow Freshers.
9. You’ll find a new take out place that will forever be your fave.
10. You’ll join numerous societies during Fresher’s Fair.
11. But never go to any of the meetings, because ain’t nobody got time for that.
12. You’ll receive a lot of free things, like pizza vouchers or T-shirts.
13. You’ll meet that one flatmate you’ll never see again until your graduation ball.
14. You’ll get tired of answering the questions over and over again. “Where are you from? What are you studying? ARE YOU TAKING A GAP YAH?” Ugh.
15. You’ll get your first middle of the night or mid-shower fire alarm.
16. And you’ll definitely burn something while cooking in your new uni kitchen.
17. You’ll get homesick and maybe even cry a little.
18. You’ll also get super annoyed with one of your flatmates and secretly hold a grudge against them for the rest of your time living together.
19. And finally, there’s a 99.9% chance you’ll go down with Fresher’s Flu. And no parents to take care of you. Good luck with that.
Related: 25 Weird Things You Can Actually Study At Uni