Summer is the one beacon of hope in the British calendar. The one time of year where, for once, it might not be grey and raining.
Every year we hold to the desperate belief that it's going to be a scorcher: 25° every day, barbecues for dinner and everyone gets an extra week off work to enjoy the weather.
Yeah. That never happens.
1. It’s way over-hyped every year
2. At the first sign of sun, everyone loses their minds
3. There are sweaty, shirtless men everywhere
4. Children running wild and making a lot of unnecessary noise
5. It’s sticky and muggy and sweating is a round-the-clock job
6. Then it starts raining for the foreseeable future
7. You exist in one of two states: soaked or sunburned
8. Peeling skin is rarely a good look on anyone
9. Nor is drowned rat
For anybody who wants to know what a drowned rat looks like... It looks JUST LIKE THIS (눈_눈) pic.twitter.com/YBv1MJB9qz— Tiger (@0kami21) June 14, 2016
10. It’s impossible to dress for summer in Britain, cos it changes every hour
British Summer in a GIF pic.twitter.com/UFy3LrXqsZ— Andrew Bloch (@AndrewBloch) June 20, 2016