They say the 1950s were the good old days, but we don’t really see what all the fuss was about, tbh.
Sure, the clothes were nice and Elvis was cool but casual sex was frowned upon, Thai food hadn’t made it to the UK yet and Netflix didn’t exist.
Like, how was that living?
Also, society was incredibly politically incorrect. If these old timey adverts were anything to go by, everybody was super sexist. And really racist. And horribly homophobic. And into body shaming in a big way.
You can shove your 50s up your wotsit, Daddio.
47 Unbelievably Offensive Vintage Ads That Would Definitely Be Banned TodayWarning: The following content contains sexism, racism... and, well, just about every other kind of 'ism' you can think of.
Related: Cats Posing As Pin-Ups
- Comedy Gigs & Theatre Shows You Cannot Miss In 2020*insert inspirational blurb here*
- Hilarious Valentine's Day Gift Ideas That Don't Completely SuckThe 14th February doesn't *have* to be miserable, you know...
- WTF Things To Do in London In 2020Weird and wonderful things to keep you busy. Emphasis on the weird.
- Tips For Boosting Your Mood This JanuaryWe’ve got some sweet tips for boosting your mental health and making the most of your January.
- Theatre Shows & Comedy Acts You Cannot Miss In 2019Laugh, cry then laugh again!