Remember that weird little blip in your social calendar at the beginning of the year, when you couldn't leave the house because you HAD to watch six more episodes of a documentary about a bunch of people you'd never met, from an American city you'd never heard of? Yeah, that's coming back.
A second series of Netflix show Making A Murderer has been confirmed and the whole world is #excited. Here's what we know:
1. Over 19 million people in the US *alone* watched the first series in the first 35 DAYS it went up
2. We DO know we return to the stories of Steven Avery and his cousin Brendan Dassey
We'll watch their legal teams challenge their current convictions and the State as it fights to keep them in jail.
3. Executive producers and co-directors Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos will head up the series once again
They said: “We are extremely grateful for the tremendous response to, and support of, the series. The viewers’ interest and attention has ensured that the story is not over, and we are fully committed to continuing to document events as they unfold.”
4. Avery has new representation in the form of Kathleen Zellner, who is HELLA vocal about the case on Twitter (follow her for *all* the goss while you wait for the new series)
5. In June, Avery's appeal case was delayed by 90 days when his lawyer asked for an extension
Kathleen Zellner took over representing the convicted murderer in January when a fresh appeal (mentioning violations of due process rights) was filed at the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
6. This is GOOD news for Avery, as it looks like there's so much new evidence it's taking everyone a long time to go over it
7. We don't have a release date yet and don't know how long the series will be (sorry)
More news right here, as we have it!