Sure, you might have all the Bridget outfits, and a poster of John Ritter (RIP) on your wall, but do you know everything there is to know about 8 Simple Rules? Here are 8 Simple facts that you might not have known about.
1. John Ritter died suddenly, after complaining of heart pains on set.
He was only 54 when he died, and the show had to write in his death as part of the narrative.
2. The series is based on the book "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter: And Other Tips from a Beleaguered Father (Not That Any of Them Work)" by W. Bruce Cameron.
W. Bruce Cameron also wrote "A Dog’s Purpose", which spent 52 weeks on the New York Times’ best sellers list.
3. The show was cancelled due to low ratings.
ABC cancelled the show in May 2005, thinking that the show couldn’t be sold on anywhere.
4. Bridget’s middle name is Erin, and her favourite book is Catcher in the Rye.
Who said she was a ditz?
5. The actor who played Kerry (Amy Davidson) was actually six years older than the actor who played Bridget (Kaley Cuoco).
Despite the fact that Kerry is meant to be younger than Bridget.
6. Bridget is nick-named "Beach" because she was conceived on a beach.
7. The "S" in Cate’s name actually stands for Stinkey, not Stacy.
This was because her dad promised he would name one of his children after his best friend, after accidentally stabbing him with a bayonet in Korea.
8. John Ritter received a posthumous Emmy nomination for his performance.