Other than the amazing writing and lol moments, Broad City has a huge selling point: its politics. Whether it’s celebrating women, inverting gender stereotypes or normalising taboos, Broad City is the feminist TV show we’ve been waiting for for yeaaarrrsssssss.
So show ya da, ya ma, ya boyfriend. Everyone needs a dose of feminism from this hilarious show and here are the reasons why:
1. Abbi and Ilana tolerate no sexist sh*t:
2. It is a profoundly sex positive show:
3. It recognises the importance of female friends (and how Ilana loves Abbi and her ass so deeply, and so much):
4. And of course, the characters never forget to love themselves:
5. Also, that Lincoln inverts the gender stereotypes in his relationship with Ilana:
6. Knowing that women loving sex is like, totally okay and pretty normal?:
7. And on that, their total crushing of the taboo around masturbation:
8. Finally, that the show depicts women who aren't perfect with sorted lives:
If that hasn't turned you full feminist, we don't know what will.