Kiara Sapinoso via twitter
Got a teeny hole above your ear you've never though much about?
Preauricular Sinus. A blessing or a curse? I'm afraid I have this. :( pic.twitter.com/00HSr1uE3R— Kiara Sapinoso (@kiarasapinoso) December 31, 2013
Has your best friend got one, and you've always wondered what it was?
A photo posted by Ask When (@askuswhen) on
WE HAVE THE ANSWER.
They're called 'Preauricular sinuses'. Around 1 in 100 people have them, and they're totally normal.
It's not known why, but apparently they're passed down in families.
A photo posted by Laura Bejeebus Towse (@kelsingra_drago) on
But get this - Business Insider reported that evolutionary biologist, Neil Shubin, theorised they could be an ‘evolutionary remnant of fish gills’. You know, from back in the day when humans were ~fish~.
Yeah. Life is weird.
Related: 98 Of The Downright Worst Tattoos In Existence
100 Of The Worst Tattoos In Human ExistenceThe worst tattoos ever been created.
- Comedy Gigs & Theatre Shows You Cannot Miss In 2020*insert inspirational blurb here*
- Hilarious Valentine's Day Gift Ideas That Don't Completely SuckThe 14th February doesn't *have* to be miserable, you know...
- WTF Things To Do in London In 2020Weird and wonderful things to keep you busy. Emphasis on the weird.
- Tips For Boosting Your Mood This JanuaryWe’ve got some sweet tips for boosting your mental health and making the most of your January.
- Theatre Shows & Comedy Acts You Cannot Miss In 2019Laugh, cry then laugh again!