1. Kris Kringle (Richard Attenborough), Miracle On 34th Street
The most brilliant of them all, because he’s the real Santa, duh. His sign language conversation with Sami still makes us cry.
2. Santa (Edward Asner), Elf
“Santa! Oh my God! Santa’s coming! I know him! I know him!”
3. Scott Calvin (Tim Allen), The Santa Clause trilogy
SC may have started out a little bad, but once he embraced his new role, he became one of the sweetest Saint Nicks around.
4. Santa (Leslie Nielsen), All I Want For Christmas
First of all, look at teeny tiny Thora Birch. Secondly, what kind of Santa would help two little kids get their parents back together? A great one, that's what kind.
5. Nick Claus (Paul Giamatti), Fred Claus
That awkward moment when you're born as Santa and your big brother tries to stick his oar in. Nick Claus handles it pretty well considering.
6. Nick St. Nicholas (Kelsey Grammer), Mr St. Nick
Never underestimate a Hallmark movie Santa, especially when he happens to be played by Frasier Crane.
7. Nicholas St. North (Alec Baldwin), Rise Of The Guardians
The leader of all the Guardians, sure, and with a Russian accent to boot. Bit cranky, though.
8. Malcolm Claus (Jim Broadbent), Arthur Christmas
He has a lot of high-tech tomfoolery, so Malcolm's hardly a traditional Santa in our books. Nice guy, though.
9. Rudy Duncan (Ben Affleck), Reindeer Games
Dressing up as Santa to rob a casino on Christmas Eve is almost as bad as it gets. Almost.
10. Willie (Billy Bob Thornton), Bad Santa
But, of course, there could be no badder Santa than sex-addicted, alcoholic, professional robber Willie. The crown’s all yours, Billy Bob; we'll see you at the cinema for Bad Santa 2.