If someone was to ask you for the name of a song that came out 10 years ago, you'd probably guesstimate something like Aqua's 'Barbie Girl', Beyoncé's 'Crazy In Love' or The Beatles or something.
No, no, and obviously not. A lot more time has passed than you think - 2006 was a year in which My Chemical Romance was flowing through our veins, and 'Crazy Frog' was still ringing in our ears from the year before. Want proof?
Take a deep breath and be prepared to feel old.
1. 'Welcome To The Black Parade' - My Chemical Romance
Death and existence is deep and stuff.
2. 'When The Sun Goes Down' - Arctic Monkeys
Before Alex Turner had contracted the tragic disease that is being a tw*t.
3. 'So Sick' - Ne-Yo
Did he ever change his answering machine?
4. 'Hips Don't Lie' - Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
And is still the greatest song recorded on the planet.
5. 'Smile' - Lily Allen
The only woman to have ever eaten a bar of chocolate in that manner.
6. 'Deja Vu' - Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z
Back when we could first smell the Beyoncé-Jay-Z pheremones.
7. 'I Don't Feel Like Dancin'' - Scissor Sisters
We're still waiting to be invited to one of their parties.
8. 'The Rose' - Westlife
Yes, the Westlife heart was still beating.
9. 'America' - Razorlight
Back when America seemed like an exotic, surreal place. Or is that now?
10. 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit' - Fedde Le Grand
What's going on in the video? We would like a 1,000 word essay to explain the butts, please.
11. 'Dani California' - Red Hot Chili Peppers
And they continue to be immortal now, as immortal things tend to do.
11. 'Ain't No Other Man' - Christina Aguilera
It's been so long since the 00s that you've forgotten speakeasies were still alive and well back then.
12. 'SexyBack' - Justin Timberlake ft. Timbaland
Not totally sure what JT is trying to achieve in this video (other than bringing sexy back, obvs), but it looks important.
13. 'Chasing Cars' - Snow Patrol
All the feels.
14. 'Who Knew' - P!nk
Those 00s skirts.
15. 'I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker' - Sandi Thom
Here we are, feeling nostalgic for the 00s, as Sandi feels nostalgic for the 70s in the 00s. Spooky.
16. 'Nasty Girl' - The Notorious B.I.G
Guys where's our invite? Guys?
17. 'No Tomorrow' - Orson
Red Bull: The cocaine of the 00s.
18. 'Naive' - The Kooks
How we longed to play The Kooks on our very own iPod Nanos.
19. 'Put Your Records On' - Corinne Bailey Rae
Gee, thanks for making the British weather seem sh*t right now.
20. 'When You Were Young' - The Killers
Still playing (the same songs) in an O2 Academy near you.
21. 'Goodbye My Lover' - James Blunt
In case you aren't convinced that this is old, yes, that is Mischa Barton from The O.C.
22. 'My Humps' - The Black Eyed Peas
Ruining breasts for everyone for the next five years.
23. Touch The Sky - Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco
Oh 2006 Kanye, if only you could see 2016 Kanye.
24. 'Breaking Free' from High School Musical
The only true anthem of the 00s.
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: Music Festival: Then Vs. Now
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: 19 Worst Lyrics In The History Of Music