1. When a potato manufacturer who was not your own mother announced a restaurant serving solely roast potatoes, and you actually got excited
That's what we like to hear! Who doesn't want a gravy fountain?! @standardnews— Amilli Property (@AmilliProperty) September 29, 2015
(A gravy fountain does sound pretty good, though).
2. When a landlord offered one lucky muggle the chance to live out their Harry Potter fantasies for £500 a month plus bills
3. When a gang of hipsters joined an anti-gentrification march... and targeted an independent business
Tonight we were attacked with paint and fire by an angry mob of 200. Riot police are on the scene. pic.twitter.com/GPXLmyMmuN— Cereal Killer Cafe (@CerealKillerUK) September 26, 2015
4. When orange juice was the price of a good vintage
5. And fish and chips was only £9
6. When the price of your own faeces hit an all-time low
7. When landlords stopped pretending to be normal, nice people altogether
Formerly a Victorian-era men's room, The Attendant is now a genuine functioning (and respected) espresso and food bar!
10. Purely to add more locations for the lucrative 'loo tour' industry
You can book your own loo tour here.
11. When too much was spent on promotion for nights out
12. When people lost all respect for public signage
13. And the doodles of frustrated engineers were implemented as new underground routes
I drew a more accurate map of the Northern line. pic.twitter.com/ofCI4Vbg2e— Benedict Salter (@benedictsalter) August 8, 2013
14. Meanwhile, buses began catering to those commuting to the underworld
15. And parking meters even stopped pretending to care
16. When demand for West End shows spilled out across the city
Find out more about the 'amphicab' here!