Before Mean Girls - an accurate documentary about American high school life - came out in 2004, it's suprising that teenagers managed to get through that whole 'puberty' thing in the '00s without plucking all of our eyebrows off and wearing 90s chokers right into adulthood.
Actually, never mind.
Either way, Mean Girls taught us some incredibly important life lessons about relationships, careers and friendships that we've totally modelled our lives on since.
1. Don't have sex, or you will get pregnant, and die
Thank goodness we all followed this advice.
2. Fake it 'til you make it
It's possible, even if it isn't always the best idea.
3. Don't be a life ruiner who ruins people's lives
Or you might just get hit by a bus.
4. Your hair looks sexy pushed back
Trust Regina on this one.
5. On Wednesdays, wear pink
You know what to do.
6. Always check the projection room above the auditorium
All will be revealed.
7. Don't dumb down for anyone
You might just end up vomiting on them anyway.
8. Don’t let the haters stop you from doing your thang
Wise words, Kevin G.
9. The limit does not exist
Place that in whatever context you will. Ambition? The universe? Drinking? Ah.
10. A blue hoodie and aviators will make you invisible to almost anyone
It's the new invisibility cloak.
11. When it all gets too much, bake a cake full of rainbows and smiles
We're still waiting to see what it'll look like.
12. Everybody's good at something
Especially if you have ESPN, or something.
13. Name your first child Glen Coco
They'll go far in life, trust us.
14. Something about crowns and sharing and something something