We Brits are famed for our sense of humour, or so we like to think. The thing is, when was the last time a Frenchman came up to you and said: "Ahh zee Eeenglish, you are so funnayy! Yerr jowkes are heestericull. And yerr impressions are, 'ow do you say, eempeciblee?"
Never, and there's probably a good reason for it. But we are hilarious, and we can prove it.
1. We know what constitutes breaking news
2. We have the most banterous dip in the world
When your humous says something funny and you just think pic.twitter.com/FdlDff3uoZ— Annie Marron (@voteforannie) October 18, 2015
3. We take our patriotism very seriously
4. We’re tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
> Watch: Larry Dean Ventures to London
5. We have no problem talking about the real issues
6. We actually live in places like this
7. We have a day dedicated to one politician tweeting his own name
8. We care about being right almost as much as we care about crisps
serious issues going on over here in the UK pic.twitter.com/wWmZpQ7NyB— lottie (@l0ttiehall) May 10, 2016
> Watch: Comedy Central Wants YOU! (To Vote)
9. We had a collective heart attack when someone stuffed up a baked alaska
10. We’re just so down to earth
11. We have our priorities completely in order
12. We have a loose definition of the phrase ‘real life’
> Watch: What Is Brexit Plus Plus Plus?
13. We have little to no respect for our Royal Family
14. But then again, they can surprise us
15. We have the best postal service in the world
16. We actually thought this was a good name for a dessert
> CC INVESTIGATES: What Would Millennials Do For Fame?
17. We don’t take much convincing when it comes to booze
18. We may not have got a research vessel named Boaty McBoatface, but we got a bloody submarine named Boaty McBoatface
19. We are the masters of puns
British TV at its finest pic.twitter.com/qUlD5pYHra— Bradley Mckenna (@BradleyMckenna) October 2, 2015